Using the WMS transcoder add-on, i want to set up an encode to 'stream out' an audio-only stream. What i did in my trancoding template was the following:
- Set the <StreamName> tag with the value 'aac:audio'
- Within the <Video> tag, i changed the <Codec> value to 'Disable'
- Setted up audio <Codec> tag to AAC and <Bitrate> tag to 64000
I'm using an edge/origin configuration, where the origin WMS is used as the transcoder. I created a text file (in the edge server) with the '.stream' extension, pointing to the audio-only transcoded stream. It works.
I have a couple of questions regarding to this scenario:
- I'm getting A LOT of logs like this one -> TranscoderWorkerVideoEncoder.run[videoEncoderAddFrame][audio]: 4294967295
- I added the audio-only stream to a smil file this way -> <audio src="aac:audio.stream" system-bitrate="64000"/>. However, this stream does not appear nor in the manifest nor in the playlist.m3u8