Thread: vods3 live recording

Default vods3 live recording

Hi,

I was wondering what is necessary to record a live stream which will also take advantage of the vods3 module logic?

The vods3 recording and playback works a charm out the box. However, if the same setup (http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?72) is added to the livestreamrecording module, streams get saved to the S3 bucket but not played back (StreamNotFound). I presume there also needs to be further configuration to the livestreamrecording for playback?

The goal is to to broadcast a live stream, record it, playback live and on record complete playback from the S3 bucket. I am aware I could use the livestreamrecording for live stream, record and push to S3 and the vods3 module for playback, this query is raised due to me trying to see if I can achieve all of this from one module only?

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by newtriks; 12-28-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Hi Richard,

Wow so quick in response thanks.

Ok so I edited my original post by which time you had already replied. What I am really wondering is if I can configure live, record, S3 playback in one module i.e. could vods3 app.xml simply be set to liverecord etc?

Simon

Simon,

You can dynamically change an application instance's StreamType per connection by doing netconnection.call("setStreamType", null, streamType) from a Flash application, and there is a server-side equivalent in the IClient API.

Richard

Sounds just the job thanks Richard!