Wowza Community

Set-top box middleware - server side software

hello

i’m using wowza for live broadcasting on multiple servers -

my new client is bringing multiple channels streams - and is planning to launch it’s own set-top box for IPTV solution.

the manufacturing company is asking me to tell which middleware i want on the box and with which headend software will be between wowza and STB.

My final target will be to provide “something” on server side, which the STB will connect and will know which are different channels available - and will play the selected stream ( each channel will have it’s own stream ) -

I’m searching for that “something” …

I’ve no experience on these softs - some suggestions of softwares ?

You can stream to most STBs with rtsp output from Wowza, and some support Cupertino. All you need is Wowza on the server-side.

Richard

Sunnytv Technology Produce Dual core Android 4.2.2 IPTV set top box which work well with wowza server . It support RTMP ,HLS , RTSP streming protocol . It is less than 2 seconds while switch channels .

For more question about IPTV set top box , you can contact me jason@sunnytvtech.cn

hello

i’m using wowza for live broadcasting on multiple servers -

my new client is bringing multiple channels streams - and is planning to launch it’s own set-top box for IPTV solution.

the manufacturing company is asking me to tell which middleware i want on the box and with which headend software will be between wowza and STB.

My final target will be to provide “something” on server side, which the STB will connect and will know which are different channels available - and will play the selected stream ( each channel will have it’s own stream ) -

I’m searching for that “something” …

I’ve no experience on these softs - some suggestions of softwares ?

Jason,

Thanks for the update on your product. I think 3 posts is enough. You might write to sales@wowza.com and inform them about sunnytvtech.

Richard

Talking to Wowza Sales would be a good idea in any case, but you can go ahead and post in the Showcase forum. I assume there is a Wowza integration involved.

Richard

You’re welcome.

Richard

Hi Richard

What should I talk with sales@wowza.com. Can i advertise our IPTV set top box on this forum ?

Jason

Talking to Wowza Sales would be a good idea in any case, but you can go ahead and post in the Showcase forum. I assume there is a Wowza integration involved.

Richard

Thanks al lot ,you are a nice man.