Thread: XML Info shows up on browser instead of the video Stream

Default XML Info shows up on browser instead of the video Stream

Hello, I configured my wowza server correctly, and all needed ports are open. I created a folder in the [install-dir]/applications folder. I left the Default Configuration File
    ([install-dir]/conf/Application.xml) alone. I open up My Browser (IE) and enter this url: http://xxx.xxx.x.x:1935/myapplication/mp4:sample.mp4/Manifest to play the sample video via silverlight. However, when the browser loads, XML Info shows up on browser instead of the video Stream. Example Below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<SmoothStreamingMedia Duration="5964580000" Timescale="10000000" MinorVersion="1" MajorVersion="2"> -<StreamIndex Timescale="10000000" Url="QualityLevels({bitrate})/Fragments(audio={start time})/Chunks({chunk id})/WowzaSessions(1563006876).isma" QualityLevels="1" Chunks="298" Index="0" Type="audio"> <QualityLevel CodecPrivateData="1190" AudioTag="255" PacketSize="4" BitsPerSample="16" Channels="2" SamplingRate="48000" FourCC="AACL" Bitrate="99080"/>

I'm using Win7. Please advise.

- Chris
    Last edited by servercomp1; 01-03-2012 at 02:11 AM.

A Reply will be much appreciated

You need a Silverlight player, it won't work directly in a browser. You can start with the Wowza example in the examples folder where Wowza is installed:

/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/clientSilverlight/default.html

Enter the manifest URL in the player and click play.

You can also use the Expression 4 templates.

Richard

Unhappy What are The Steps

How do I go about using a silverlight player? Is there a paticular player that I need to Download?
    I need my viewers to be able to view the content via silverlight, via there internet browser.
    what are the steps needed, to make my content viewable. How do I do this with MS Expressions?
    Please Advise.

- Chris

Did you try the Wowza example yet?

The Expression 4 templates come with MS Expression 4 Encoder. It's a little beyond Wowza Forum, but there is help in the product for using the templates. Start with the Wowza example.

Richard

Default I tried the example

I tried the example, It works when I put the url in at the bottom. However, I want my viewers to view my content without having to insert a url at the bottom of the player. all I want them to do is click play, and it takes them directly to the requested content. Please tell me if this is possible. I used Microsoft Expression 4 Encoder before to convert my content to silverlight VC-1, and then I uploaded it to my Hosting. When My viewers requested particular media content from my website, they just needed to press play and that content they requested would play. I need Wowza media server now to handle mass traffic. How can I achieve the same results as to when I had Hosting? Here is an example of how I need my content to run off of the Wowza Webserver: Click here to view example. When you click "Play Trailer" you see the silverlight template, and all the viewer needs to do is click play. This is how I need it to work. Thanks in Advance Richard.

- Chris
    Last edited by servercomp1; 01-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Actually there is a Wowza article on using Expression 4 templates, here:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....a-Media-Server

Richard

Default Extremly Frustrated

Hey Richard, I tried the tutorial to no avail. Changed the Scrpts as instructed but no dice. I need specific step by step instructions on how to setup the Wowza Webserver to duplicate the example I gave you in my last post. It's Extremly frustrating.

- Chris

Chris,

It would be best to hire someone. Write to support@wowza.com and ask for the list of independent consultants.

Richard