Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wowza streaming with banners (ads)

Default wowza streaming with banners (ads)

hello all,

how can I run ads every certain time , lets say that i want to run ad video every 10 mins , does wowza support this feature or do I need to do it from the video player , please advice regarding this issue .

Hey ehuman,

Here's one way: StreamClass Example with Playlists

thanks for your cooperation, how can i add this ad at the bottom of the page ? , is it in same article ?

The module affects the time the ad is played not the position. I don't quite understand what you mean by page. You mean at the bottom of your web page? You would use HTML to position a flash player there.

thanks for your cooperation, how can I run this service on VOD .

The example I posted shows how to play VOD files at certain times.

I have more than one question ,

- regarding this note from the article ( IMPORTANT: this server listener requires that there be an application named "live" where the Streams and Playlists are created. ) , what/ where should i create this

- regarding the first block that contains code starts with ( package com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.serverlistener; ) where should i use it

- when i finish all the steps in the article , how can I run the playlist ( example : http://localhost:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/manifest.f4m )

your effort is highly appreciated , thanks for you effort

1. See the steps for creating a live application in the beginning of one of the live tutorials, such as:

2. You can paste that code into the Wowza IDE. Or you can download a compiled version as mentioned here: "A compiled version of this server listener is included in the Wowza Modules Collection. Download and unzip the collection, then copy /lib/wms-plugin-collection.jar from the package to the Wowza /lib folder. Then restart Wowza."

3. From the article:
    To play open [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html
    Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]/live
    Stream: Stream1 (or Stream2. As set in smil file).

sorry for any inconvenience , I tried all the steps but I received the following message:

Failed to play Stream1; stream not found. ( I also used Stream 2 )

please note that I'm trying to implement this service on VOD.

many thanks in advance , thanks for your cooperation.

Look at the module code. You will see several logging messages like:"ServerListenerStreamPublisher Started.");

If you don't see those messages in your Wowza console/logs then it is likely that the module is not being loaded. Check your Server.xml as per the instructions, and restart Wowza.

What is the name of your live app? If you have [Wowza]/conf/live, then set the PublishToApplication like this:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast