Thread: Stream video file with cuepoints as live and then switch to live stream

Default Stream video file with cuepoints as live and then switch to live stream

Hi All,

The scenario is:

We film a client presenting a presentation with slides. We make any edits if necessary and end up with a video headshot of the presenter and slide timings. We then will play out the video file out at a certain time as live and then when the video ends switch to a live stream of the presenter answering questions from the audience over the telephone.

I have done this in Windows Media many times by adding cuepoints to the WMV and creating a live playlist on Windows Media Services which plays the video out live and switches to the live stream after the video has finished.

The way i would see it working in Wowza is pretty much the same buy to use FLV with embedded cuepoints and then play that through a playlist on Wowza.

Is this possible?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You might use cuepoints, if they are in there and placed appropriately. The typical way is to listen for Netstream.Play.Stop in the NetStream.onStatus handler to know when the vod stream is ending (might have to let the buffer play out too), then start playing the live stream using another NetConnection

This is only possible with Flash application

Richard

Cool thanks.

I use Flowplayer.

Is there any reason why the cuepoints would not be fired if i was running the vod through a stream scheduler smil playlist?

Thanks.

Not sure, but in that case it is not necessary, you cannot use Stream class streams to do vod pre-roll to live stream. You can use it to do it intermittent, like a tv ad.

Richard

You can only do this with Flash RTMP client. Take a look at the ServerSideModules example that ships with Wowza for Flash RTMP <> Wowza communication.

Richard