Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRE memory configuration on m1.large instances

1. Default JRE memory configuration on m1.large instances

When using the devpay AMI and requesting an m1.large instance, I'm finding that Wowza is configured to set the java memory limit to 1200MB ( javaopts[0] is Xmx1200 )

What do I need to do to allow Wowza to use more memory? I'd like to allow it to use 6GB

You can change the tuning following this guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ormance-Tuning

1200M seems low, I'll check that. Which AMI? 6g might be too high. AWS says the large has 7.5g ram, but try 4g or 5g

Richard

3. Default

Thanks Richard

Using ami-7bf13f12 on us-east-1, and I confirmed that setenv.sh contains JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx1200M"

Is this the expected configuration when starting an m1.large instance with that AMI? It would be nice if the ami was set up to logically allocate resources based on the instance type without having to modify the shell script in my startup package

4. Default

Oh... did the ami's change? just looking at the product page now and see that my ami's dont match

I'm not sure which that is. It's not current:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....achine-images)

Richard

6. Default

Reconfiguring to use the latest ami... will post back if the issue remains

7. Default

Yeah, same deal with that AMI... JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx1200M"

I'll check to see if that is where it should be. If a change follows it will most likely not be till next major point release.

Richard

9. Default

Ok, thanks Richard. In the meantime, I guess I'll need to whip up a shell script to modify that value.

Do you have your own startup package? If so, then you need to add tuning to your startup package. We did this so that you could choose how the server is tuned. The default startup package includes this script. You can download from here:

default_3.0.zip

Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast