Thread: RTP (VLC) to RTMP (Wowza) to flashPlayer(Website)

Default RTP (VLC) to RTMP (Wowza) to flashPlayer(Website)

Hello i am new at this forum and i am developing an application of Live TV under Linux Ubuntu LTS 10.4.

I have an DVB-T usb stick getting the data from VLC and sending via rtp stream to Wowza Media Server 3 then on Wowza Media Server 3 i have publish the streams and i am assessing to then via flash player. how i did this...

First in VLC i am doing the stream via console using the code showed next.
    vlc -vvv --ttl 12 --dvb:// --dvb--frequency=754000000 --dvb-bandwidth=8 ---sout '#rtp{mux=ts,dst=239.255.1.10,port=5004}'
    i have also tested with and movie(already transcoded in H264/AAC - "movie.ts") in loop but the result was the same
    vlc -vvv PATH_TO_MOVIE ---sout '#rtp{mux=ts,dst=239.255.1.10,port=5004}'
    So now for the test i am using the movies in loop instead of the deb-t stick.
    vlc -vvv stream.ts ---sout '#rtp{mux=ts,dst=239.255.1.10,port=5004}'
    vlc -vvv stream2.ts ---sout '#rtp{mux=ts,dst=239.255.1.20,port=5004}'
    Then on Wowza i have configure the file StartupStreams.xml (/WowzainstalationPath/conf/live) with this follow 2 streams

<StartupStream>
    <Application>live/_definst_</Application>
    <MediaCasterType>rtp</MediaCasterType>
    <StreamName>test.stream</StreamName>

<Application>live/_definst_</Application>
    <MediaCasterType>rtp</MediaCasterType>
    <StreamName>test2.stream</Type>
    </StartupStream>
    Also on Wowza in /WowzainstalationPath/content/ i create 2 files

File Name: test.stream
    udp://239.255.1.10:5004
    File Name: test2.stream
    udp://239.255.1.20:5004
    Then after this configuration i have test my streams in the file /WowzainstalationPath/exemples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html
    and everything ok....

after this i went to flashPlayer to open the RTMP stream my first try was in jwplayer with the following code
    <script type='text/javascript' src='jwplayer.js'></script>

<div id='mediaplayer'></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    			jwplayer('mediaplayer').setup({

'flashplayer': "player.swf",
    		                'id': "playerID",
    				'width': "800",
    				'height': "600",
    				'file': "test.stream",
    				'image': "preview.jpg",
    				'wmode': 'opaque',
                                    'icons': 'true',
                                    'allowscriptaccess': 'always',
                                    'allownetworking': 'all',
    				'controlbar': "none",
    				'dock': "false",
    				'autostart': "true",
    				'bufferlength': "1",
    				'volume': "10",
    				//'playlistfile': "channels.xml",
    				//'playlist.position': 'right',
        			       //'playlist.size': '250',
    				'streamer': "rtmp://192.168.40.139/live",
    				'plugins': {
    				   'viral-2': {
    					   'onpause': 'false',
    					   'callout': 'none'
    				   }
    				}

});

</script>
    Now that i have explain what i did the questions part...

I want to have my 2 streams and some how swap between the streams with the arrows keys like a Television. the problem is in the time that each stream takes to load... is about 30seconds to load each stream...i have try every thing i know i have try to put the 2 items in a playlist and swap then with the mouse and the time is the same...
    can someone tell me if this is normal? what i can do to make it faster????

in my investigation i also try to develop a player in Action Script 3 so i did something like this
    My idea was to open the two streams (2 connection) and then put each stream in a different likened video from flash and then just put visible each one...
    the problem is that when i open the 2 connection just can see 1 stream the 2 stream freezes forever...

my_video._visible = true;
    my_video2._visible = false;

var servidor = "rtmp://192.168.40.139/live";

var netConn = new NetConnection();
    netConn.connect(servidor);

var ns = new NetStream(netConn);
    var ns2 = new NetStream(netConn);

video2="test.stream"
    my_video.attachVideo(ns);
    var buffer = 2;
    ns.setBufferTime(buffer);
    ns.play(video);

my_video2.attachVideo(ns2);	
    video2="test2.stream"
    ns2.setBufferTime(buffer);
    ns2.play(video2) 

nextbutton.onPress = function ()
    {
    	my_video._visible = false;
    	my_video2._visible = true;
    };
    backbutton.onRelease = function ()
    {
      	my_video._visible = true;
    	my_video2._visible = false;  
    };

can any one help me?

in resume i want to open multi stream form wowza in a fast way (something like 2 seconds) and somehow change between the streams with the arrows from the keyboard...

Thanks for the help and sorry for the big post.
    Last edited by goncloazevedo; 01-16-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Take a look at our VLC/mpegts article
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rver-(MPEG-TS)

Run Wowza in stand-alone mode (/bin/startup.bat) so you can see log output in real time.

The JW Player setup you show is missing either a "file" Flashvar or "playlist" Flashvar (which is commented out)

For testing, use Wowza example Flash player: [wowza-install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html

Richard

Hello

The file in jwPlayer is not missing is in the top...About the playlist as i said it was for 1 experience but didn't take to any solution about the time to open the streams (thats why is comment).
    I can open the streams separately without any problem.
    The main problem is that i need like 30seconds to open a live stream and i need a faster solution like 2 seconds to open the stream
    the second part is how i can i swap faster between streams from the flash player???

thanks for the help
    Last edited by goncloazevedo; 01-16-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Have you seen this article?

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....re-to-playback

Richard

Yes i have read and i have that in my application.xml... and as you can see in the player ( ns.setBufferTime(buffer); where buffer=2 ). i had already put 0 seconds but the result was the same...
    ://///

its normal to take that time to open the stream? what can be this time? encoding time? process time?

Hi goncloazevedo,

Firstly, thank you for the detailed information. It helps.

It seems you are asking the question, "How do I quickly switch between streams?" This is possible with a Wowza module. Read all the examples here: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ght=#post85027

For info on how to control the switching using a Flash application, see the Wowza User Guide section "Bi-Directional Remote Procedure Calls".

One thing I notice is you are using multicast IP addresses. Is that necessary? Just send both streams to your Wowza server IP on ports that differ by 2.

Edit: Another way to do it in Firefox is to play two videos in two different tabs and switch between tabs using ctrl-pgup/pgdn.
    Last edited by randall; 01-17-2012 at 05:45 AM.

About the Multicast IP address is not necessary i can use anther protocol to delivery the content! i start using RTP from vlc so it became more natural to me to use RTP... I can configure Wowza to receive another protocol(!=RTP) and re-stream as a RTMP to open in flash player??

About the link you put is all confirmations in Wowza IDE how i use this Wowza IDE i never used and i don't know how to use it... I am using Wowza Media Server 3 with a develop key of 180 days...

You know if there are another way to do what i am doing??? a more simples way to stream content from a dvb-t usb stick into a website (flash player)???? LIVE!!! and VoD????

Thanks for answering!

i already try that but not with FastVDO SmartPlayer. at this point i am using vlc streaming over RTP a file, then in wowza i am using test.stream (udp://239.255.1.10:5004) and the with JWPlayer i am opening the the rtmp file with file:"test.stream" and rtmp:"rtmp://MyIpWowza/live or rtplive" but i have already try with vlc saving a .sdp file in my /wowzamediaserver/content folder and then open with JWPlayer that file with file:"test.sdp" but in the final the result is the same (( long time to open streams and long time to swap between playlist items when i have the playlist items with my test.streams or test.sdp and the link to the rtmp://MyIpWowza/live or rtplive ....

Any more help?or suggestions?? thanks...