Wowza Community

how to upload files to server

Hello,

I’m using Wowza 3 on EC2. So far I used to create camera.stream files via Putty, which allows me to run sudo su - command.

I would like to upload files (like .sdp) to the content folder by all methods I tried failed.

I can connect and see the file from both WinSCP or Filezilla which allows certificate authentication, but I cannot add or change files in the content folder (only within the user folder ec2-user). Starting the command line or Putty within WinSCP does not allow sudo as well.

Should I allow user root authentication ?

With the chance I would like to ask if, as I did, there is no need to buy wowza monthly license, and apply on the EC2 instance because it is included in wowza.

thanks

DD.

Hi ddetra,

Your first issue sounds like a permissions problem. Learn about unix groups and look to your ftp server documentation. I think you need to set a group for your content folder, set the sticky bit, then make your ftp user a member of that group. This is a unix administration issue, and not really a Wowza issue.

“With the chance I would like to ask if, as I did, there is no need to buy wowza monthly license, and apply on the EC2 instance because it is included in wowza.”

If you purchase a Wowza EC2 instance you do not need to purchase a separate Wowza license. It is included.

You would have to request refund from Amazon in this case. EC2 is an Amazon Web Service.

Richard

I don’t really understand. You will have to write to sales@wowza.com if you think there is a refund due from us.

Richard

Hello,

thanks for your reply. It is a bit painful for a not-unix experts to get to upload files to his instance, now with wowza 3. With previous version I had no problems. Guess I’ll have to upgrade my knowledge.

Concerning the wowza license, I erased the one on the currently running instance. How could I recover that license without having to pay twice, like now, paying also license directly to wowza? I would prefer not having to start a new one, given all the tweaking already performed. Any ways to get a refund on the recently paid monthly license, applied only to a EC2 instance? Thanks

DD.

thanks for your reply.

I do use EC2, what I do not need is the wowza monthly license actually. Can you refund that?

Would it be a good workaround to just start a new instance, get the license and transfer it to the old instance?