Thread: Server Side Recording

Default Server Side Recording

hello all,

I have a question... I have implemented the server side recording but what I am trying to figure out is.

1. Is there a way that each stream that comes in for example I have a live stream with server side recording coming in from Stream A and Stream B two different source. Can I set it up where Stream A will save is content to the A folder and Stream B will save it content to the B folder.

2. Is there a way to increment the stream name that comes into the content folder for example on Monday i stream a live-record stream and then on Tuesday I stream again I want the files to be mstream1 on Monday and then when Tuesday stream comes in it will automatically increment the name of the file mstream2 or something to that sort. Of if it can increment by the date.

3. Can I have the content folder point to S3 instead of the EC2 server. For example instead of recording the live-record to the content folder on ec2 i want it to record it to the S3 instead. In addition just like in question one I want the Stream A to save to its on folder on the s3 and stream b to its on folder on the S3

Thanks for any advice or help you can provide.

#1 Use outputPath setting in LiveStreamRecord Addon.

#2 That should be the default behavior. Append is false and Version is true.

#3: Take a look at:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ed-file-system
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....opy-Recordings

Richard

Can you please tell where to make change for question 1 and 2?

The LiveStreamRecord_3.0 package includes a /client folder with a Flash (Flex) application, and a clientHTTP folder with HTTP form UI, both of which allow these to be set.

Richard

Hello

I am using the server side recording and right now it takes the name from the stream name.

1. Is there away to have it take the stream name plus the current date for example the stream name is test so when it records the file to the server can it be test021012 today and then tomorrow when I record it will be test021112.
    a. Is there a way to do this without change the stream name each time I stream.
    b. Is there a way for the it be setup with a dynamically date so that no matter what date is the right date.

2. How do I setup each stream where each stream content file will save to its own folder. Test is in its own folder and stream b is saved to its own folder.

Thanks for the help

Hi
    This could possibly be written for you,
    You can ask for a list of independent consultants by email support@wowza.com

Reference this thread for details.

Jason