Wowza Community

Playlists (streamschedule.smil) to schedule live streamings

Hi all,

I’ve readed this thread about playlists: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-schedule-streaming-with-wowza-streaming-engine-streampublisher and this other post related with live streamings in streamschedule.smil: Compilation issue with playlist module

I’ve configured two StreamType “live” applications, and they are working properly:

• live: reproduces the scheduled content in the streamschedule.smil

• event: a standard “live” aplication

When I schedule on-demand content, live application works fine.

<smil>
            <head></head>
            <body>
                    <stream name="Stream1"></stream>
                    <playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="false" scheduled="2012-01-01 00:00:00">
                            <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="0" length="30"/>
                    </playlist>
            </body>
    </smil>

My doubt is how can I configure the streamschedule.smil to serve live streaming from “event” application. I have tried two ways without success:

• <video src="rtmp://[SERVER_IP]/event/livestream" start="0" length="-2"/>

• <video src="livestream.stream" start="0" length="-2"/>

and a text file named livestream.stream in content folder with

rtmp://[SERVER_IP]/event/livestream

Please, can anybody tell me what am I doing wrongly? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Hi ArsNatura,

Just set the video src to the streamname you are publishing to your application. See this thread: Playlist configuration

You need to publish to same application. You can re-stream from an origin application with MediaCaster type “liverepeater”, and include that in the playlist.

Richard

Thank you, randall.

In this thread they publish in the same application (live). In my case, I want to publish to another application (event). Is this possible?

Thank you.

OK. Thank you so much, Richard!