Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Silverlight error 3050

  1. #1

    Default Silverlight error 3050

    Hello,
    We have configuration for 24/7 live stream:
    Encoder ---> Mpeg-ts (mpeg2 + audio) --- > Origin server (Live transcoding to h264 + aac, Two qualities) ---> Edge server ---> SilverLight player (testing player from wowza examples).
    I’m playing sinle stream (…stream_576p/manifest). Using transcoding template “transcode.xml”.

    We have this problem: SilverLight player throws every 5 minutes (2 – 10 minutes) error „MediaError: 3050 reached the end of known chunk list“ (or something similar with error 3050). It does the same when I connect to origing and the edge server. If I use Flash player, everything works fine.

    From observation: there is rising delay between Player and stream from wowza (compared against flash player). When the gap is bigger than 30 sec, the exception appears. The delay comes up randomly – there are small lags... Sometimes there is the exception after shorter time difference.
    When I open accesslog or error log there are no messages since start of playback of the stream.

    When I ping from Encoder to orign or from origin to edge. I have stable delay 1ms (biggest delay is 5ms).
    It seems to me that when I test two independat streams (two application) on one server, they ussually stops at the same time in the player.

    I have tried few with no solution:
    Setup keyframe interval on 2 seconds in transcode.xml.

    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....rlight-live%29
    (I have tried proposed values and even three-times larger buffer. But with no change. Stream ends after similar time as before)

    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....reaming-issues

    I don’t want to increase buffer in wowza or SilverLight player, because 60 seconds delay is the limit for the customer.
    Auto restart stream in the player when the error occures is not the solution too, because user would lose video in the video buffer.

    Second question is there way to monitor, that transcoding works fine? Sometimes there are some probles wit transcoding – video plays jerky something like 5 FPS, insted of 25 FPS. After restart it is OK.

    What else can I try?
    Regards
    Martin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    Martin,

    It might be just bandwidth/bitrate issue. Have you tried lower bitrate? Have you tested locally only?

    Richard

  3. #3

    Default

    Hello,
    thank you for your reply.
    There is same behaviour when I stream to wowza encoding server from "playout system" connected via 1Gbps line. And when I stream to wowza from VLC, which runs directly on wowza server.

    I have tried to playback the stream using example Silverlight player both locally on wowza server and via internet. The stream got stuck at the same time.

    Is there something what I can setup on wowza to cooperate better with SL player?
    Or is there something what has to be setup in the Silverlight player?

    Regards,
    Martin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    Martin,

    What player are you using?

    Wowza has Silverlight examples in the LiveVideoStreaming and SimpleVideoStreaming examples. And there is this player:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...4-Video-Player

    Do you have Smooth Manifest URL I can test? Post it here, or send to support@wowza.com, and include a link to this thread for reference

    Richard

  5. #5

    Default Problem solved

    Solved !!!

    Hello,
    Finally I found out the reason why there was „MediaError: 3050 reached the end of known chunk list“ in SilverLight player.
    It was because of “automatic adjusting of system time”. When you change system time (slightly – few seconds, or one minute) on windows server, Wowza streaming interupts the SilverLight stream. Probably flush its buffer with chunks and starts over.
    We used “net time” monitor tool, which did that adjustments every 5 – 20 minutes.

    Symptoms
    Wowza log: nothing! (on normal logging level)
    In the Windows Eventlog, there were events:
    Source: Kernel-General
    Message: The system time has changed to ‎2012‎-‎01‎-‎31T12:41:50.230000000Z from ‎2012‎-‎01‎-‎31T12:41:50.225329500Z.

    Solution:
    Disable changing system time 
    Switch off / Reconfigure services:
    - “Net time” monitoring tool
    - “Windows time”

    With disabled services above, video in Silverlight runs fluent for few hours…

    I hope it will help.
    Martin

  6. #6

    Default

    mgrovy,

    Thanks for reporting back the solution. That was a weird one.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
  2. Error found in Silverlight VOD example
    By lincoln in forum Video On Demand Streaming Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •