Thread: Strange Warning

Default Strange Warning

Getting lots of these prinouts from the console when I start wowza:

WARN server comment - VHost.startStartupStreams: MediaCaster type not found[vod/
    _definst_]: default

The VOD seem to play fine on iPad and kind of flash. Strangely enough when I goto the http://x.x.x.x:8086/streammanager the VOD's aren't listed. Any idea how to fix. This is a portion of my StartupStreams.xml

<StartupStream>
    <Application>vod/_definst_</Application>
    <MediaCasterType>default</MediaCasterType>
    <StreamName>tv/xxxx/xxxx_Showmance_fullscreen_h264_1024k_mp4a_80k.mp4</StreamName>
    </StartupStream>

<StartupStream>
    <MediaCasterType>default</MediaCasterType>
    <StreamName>tv/xxxx/xxxx_Throwdown_fullscreen_h264_1024k_mp4a_80k.mp4</StreamName>

Tnks in advance.

Hi,

Any other errors in the console/logs?

"Strangely enough when I goto the http://x.x.x.x:8086/streammanager the VOD's aren't listed."

This would happen if your VOD application was not setup correctly as per the tutorial: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....on-demand-file

Yes there was one WARN on startup:

WARN server comment - loadModFunctions[live/_definst_]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/live/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:ModuleRequireSecureConnection class:com.wowza.wms.plugins.ModuleRequireSecureConnection

Thinking non critical since it's on the live side, but is rtmp open? I'm trying to close rtmp and using rtmpe instead. How do I fix that?

Back to vod:
    I defaulted my vod/Application.xml and still getting the error. I confirmed things look right as per the link you sent.

A few clues:

* As an experiment, in StartupStream.xml I selected "rtp" instead of "default" and the VOD is listed in streammanager, but then I get a bunch of "WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[3]: SDP file too large. Limit is 2MB. (/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/movies/avatar.mp4): 1346932967".

* I copied this Wowza directory tree from a working Linux box (did not run the installer). So I'm pretty sure my configs are correct. Used tar which preserves links and such. Is there any harm in doing that? Anything that gets selectively compiled/installed when installing?

* when I start a VOD via Streammanager the VOD plays fine and displays in Streammanager. So it just getting it to auto start correctly in StartupStream.xml.

* running 3.0.3

StreamManager is for starting live MediaCaster streams, for example from IP cameras, or mpegts encoder. Nothing to do with video on demand, and not used in live streaming involving RTMP or RTP/RTSP push.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by silver2003tl
    Getting lots of these prinouts from the console when I start wowza:

WARN server comment - VHost.startStartupStreams: MediaCaster type not found[vod/
    _definst_]: default
    For future reference, I found that the I incorrectly added a <MediaCasterType> inside the <StartupStream> tag when auto-starting VOD (StartupStreams.xml). By removing it the WARN goes away. So for mp4 vod it looks like this is what someone might want:

<StartupStream>
    <StreamName>movie.mp4</StreamName>
    </StartupStream>

To start a live stream using a files source, take a look at this example:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....t-in-smil-file

Richard