Wowza Community

Live streaming and HTML5

Hi,

I am very new to this and having trouble with the documentation.

I was able to run Wowza on EC2 and doing live audio streaming:

rtmp://ec2-46-137-140-XXX.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/live/lt

I need to stream audio only, and I am looking for a way to stream to HTML5 instead of Flash, is this possible?

I found this jplayer that can stream OGA and MP3, but does Wowza support this?

http://jplayer.org/latest/developer-guide/#reference-html5-audio-streams

So what I want is to broadcast using Flash via RTMP and but the clients to receive the stream via some other format.

What are my options for stream audio? I can’t find any concrete documentation.

Hello,

See the Quick Start Guide for the list of codecs and formats Wowza supports. Wowza can certainly stream MP3 files. And you can wrap the stream URI in an HTML5 video tag on a web page. But, the only browser I know that supports this is Safari on Mac using Cupertino streaming.

As you can see from your link (as of October 2011) the various browsers support different technologies… but things are rapidly changing. To the best of my knowledge, if you want to stream audio-only to the most devices you’ll want to use AAC. Wowza can take a single stream and serve it to browsers via Flash or Silverlight, iOS with Cupertino, mobile devices and set-top boxes via RTSP. If you want to publish to Wowza using Flash, you can use the Speex protocol and then use the Wowza transcoder to convert to AAC.

Hey, thanks. Round numbers are great! You’re right, it’s not part of the embedded plan. You’d have to choose Option 1 for EC2.

Hello,

See the Quick Start Guide for the list of codecs and formats Wowza supports. Wowza can certainly stream MP3 files. And you can wrap the stream URI in an HTML5 video tag on a web page. But, the only browser I know that supports this is Safari on Mac using Cupertino streaming.

As you can see from your link (as of October 2011) the various browsers support different technologies… but things are rapidly changing. To the best of my knowledge, if you want to stream audio-only to the most devices you’ll want to use AAC. Wowza can take a single stream and serve it to browsers via Flash or Silverlight, iOS with Cupertino, mobile devices and set-top boxes via RTSP. If you want to publish to Wowza using Flash, you can use the Speex protocol and then use the Wowza transcoder to convert to AAC.

Congrats on your 1,000 post man. You say to use a transcoder, but I understand that the EC2 version doesn’t have it bundled.

hi i don’t know what should i write here cuz j haven’t even started yet u want me to answer in such a long comments hope it’s enough

John133Cena is really in hurry