Wowza Community

Urgent: ERROR: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection

We have some people live streaming right now, and when I try to reload the main server config:

java -cp . JMXVHost reloadVHostConfig

or stop/start a vhost:

java -cp . JMXVHost stopVHost vhostname

I get:

ERROR: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

The Wowza server (version 2.2.2) is still up and running, but Anything I do, I get these errors, any ideas on what to do? FYI I have 27 streams running, but only 1 has people watching right now.

Ryan

I did see Out of Memory errors in the main wowza error log, could it be that earlier it ran out of memory and now it’s just hanging by a thread (pun indended)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:614)
        at org.apache.mina.util.NewThreadExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.startupWorker(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.addNew(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.processSessions(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
-       -       -       2012-01-28      13:16:44        -       -       -       -       -       2.9881977822E7  -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
       -
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.startupWorker(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.addNew(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.processSessions(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
-       -       -       2012-01-28      13:16:44        -       -       -       -       -       2.9881977822E7  -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
       -

Right, you have to deal with the OutOfMemory situation. You either need to tune, or add ram, or add server(s)

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-performance-tuning

Wowza recommends a late model quad core cpu, 4 - 8 gigs of ram, 1 - 4gbs nic, and 64bit OS and 64bit Java JDK.

There is a load test tool you can get by sending request to test@wowza.com. There is a document to sign and return.

Richard