Thread: Need help in deciding Encoder!

Default Need help in deciding Encoder!

Hello,

We want to stream 15+ channels LIVE through Wowza with multiple bitrate and watermark. Our Wowza servers are hosted on Amazon EC2.

We want to add watermark & multi bitrate through encoder, instead of using transcoding on Wowza. Our video source is from composite video.

Do you have any suggestions for the good & stable encoders? As we have to install the encoder on 15+ machines, we are also looking for economic solution.

We can not use VLC/FFMPEG as they do not support multi bitrate encoding. Based on our research, we thought of going with Telestream Wirecast.

Please let us know your suggestions!

Thank you for your valuable time & suggestion!

Last weekend I did 14 live streams using FMLE, which does support multi bitrate encoding.
    Depending on the power of the machine you are using, it works well.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! I am also using FMLE for testing purposes and it works well. But, my only issue is watermarking the video. There is no option to include watermark in the FMLE.

"As we have to install the encoder on 15+ machines"

FYI, they make multi-port NTSC-to-IP encoders. You can get a 16 port one, which might be the best from a cost perspective. Just make sure the codec used is supported by Wowza. See the Quick Start Guide for a list of supported codecs and stream types.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    "As we have to install the encoder on 15+ machines"

FYI, they make multi-port NTSC-to-IP encoders. You can get a 16 port one, which might be the best from a cost perspective. Just make sure the codec used is supported by Wowza. See the Quick Start Guide for a list of supported codecs and stream types.
    Thank you for your reply! Will they support multi-bit rate? I have just looked at few on the net and I see only single bit rate support.

Could you please suggest me some of those?

Thank you!

There is a list of Encoders that do multibitrate listed in this post: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...8414#post48414

Hello dearsasidhar,
    We had just finalized RTMP/RTSP/TS hardware based encoders which can do 2 stream at a time to same Application with water marking but not the logo (only text)

It is do base-line H.264 and can encode upto D1 resolution that is 704x576.

It can run 24/7 in commercial.

Quality of the encoder can be checked here at : http://www.mahimeta.com/channels/int...ame_cable.html

It is now running at 352 288 @ 400 bit rate with 20fps, Bit rate type: VBR

Input of the encoder is Composite Audio and Video.

Price for Composite input video is $600 (Wired and Wifi)

Attached picture of the encoder is for composite mini size with battery backup of 3 hours.

SDI and HDMI inputs are also available.

-Mamoor
    Last edited by eboundservices.com; 02-05-2012 at 01:04 AM.