Thread: Warning

Default Warning

Hi,

I would like to know what this warning in the error's log file means and if I need to worry about it?

WARN server comment 2012-01-28 05:35:10 - - - - - 6950.022 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[app/_definst_/whyme_4r06xrd]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [6.6,1.6,4.8]

Thanks,
    Kronnen

This stream will probably not playback in Silverlight. If you are not doing Smooth streaming to Silverlight player, it is not a concern. In that case, you can remove "smoothstreamingpacketizer" from the Application.xml /LiveStreamPacketizers. That will save a little overhead server-side and you won't see this message.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for you quick reply.

If I remove the "smoothstreamingpacketizer" option from the Application.xml /LiveStreamPacketizers, will this have any effect in the quality of the stream?

Thanks,
    Kronnen

Hi
    No it won't affect the stream in any way it just doesn't allow Silverlight clients to play the stream meaning that Wowza doesn't have to worry about packetizing any stream from that application.

Jason