Thread: Support for Minicaster

Question Support for Minicaster

Do you know if Wowza Server accepts live stream from Minicaster ?

There is the technical data of Minicaster :

I was told that the outgoing stream use ITP protocol and i cannot see any support for this protocol in Wowza documentation.

Best regards.

Actually no as far as I'm aware Wowza doesn't support ITP.

Streaming settings can easily be changed via remote access and are also editable directly on the device itself. miniCASTER® works very efficiently and is highly recommended for use with Wowza Media Server®, the unified any-screen delivery platform from Wowza Media Systems®.

Michael Westphal, CEO miniCASTER®: "Our Team has put some extra effort in new features and product versions which will perfectly fit in different broadcast scenarios and help producers/broadcasters to save money and stream live in extraordinary quality within seconds."

„We are very exited to see products that make it easier and more cost-effective for users to stream their content,“ commented Alex Dobrushin, CMO, Wowza Media Systems. “miniCASTER® is exactly that..

Stream Output: MPEG2-Transportstream (ISO/IEC 13818-1) encapsulated in RTP (RFC 3550) including Audio (AAC) and video (H.264)

This is most likely the applicable procedure...

The miniCaster specifications state that the encoder supports the following Stream Output: "MPEG2-Transportstream (ISO/IEC 13818-1) encapsulated in RTP (RFC 3550) including Audio (AAC) and video (H.264)." Our QA have successfully configured and tested a live stream from a miniCaster encoder with Wowza Media Server. For a tutorial on configuring and testing miniCaster with Wowza Media Server, please see the following:

Yes, it works. Thank you.

I had some headaches as i cannot see the stream published in Wowza while playing well in VLC on the same computer when i realized that i had to start the stream from the Stream Manager first ! I found the information in the other tutorial on setting up RTP encoders with Wowza.
    It would be nice to mention it in the new tutorial you wrote.