Thread: Live Streaming Video with HTML5

Default Live Streaming Video with HTML5

Hi,

Currently I'm using the trial version of the Wowza server, using a h.264 stream and I am able to stream it using RTMP in VLC and in JWPlayer fine.
    The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to stream it using a HTML5 player and have been unsuccessful upto now, the player I have been trying to stream with is the Projekktor player.

Thanks!

Hi rickda,

From the Projekktor compatibility chart: http://www.projekktor.com/docs/compatibility

It looks like the player will fallback to Flash for H.264 video. It says H.264/MP3 is supported natively by IE9 and Webkit, but I have yet to see an example of this working with live streaming. If you can provide an example, please let me know, as I would like to see this working too. The only browser I know that supports this is Safari on iOS using Cupertino streaming.

As far as configuration of third-party programs/players, you'd have to ask on their support channels.

See the Quick Start Guide for the types of streams Wowza can serve: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ck-start-guide
    Last edited by randall; 02-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply randall!