Wowza Community

java.io.filenotfound exception talking to a NAS

Bizarre problem accessing video in an alternate folder, everything works fine on files living on normal windows servers in our environment, but whenever we try and access videos on our NAS device, we get the following error:

2012-02-01	09:40:01	EST	comment	server	WARN	404	/2012/09/01/288947/277925009.mp4	MediaReaderH264.open[1]:
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\clna3240a\video\2012\09\01\288947\277925009.mp4 
(The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or local user account to access this server)

We have ruled out Windows Security/Permissions issues by making sure “Everyone” has “Full Control”. If our content folder is pointing to \server\share, which has 2 folders named “SourceIsNAS” and “SourceIsWindows”, videos will play out of the latter and not the former.

I know this is a bizarre one, but any ideas? Seems like an issue with java viewing files on NAS servers.

Is Wowza running as a service? Does it work if you run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode?

You could use the MediaCache Addon:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-scale-video-on-demand-streaming-with-media-cache

Richard

It did come up recently with another Wowza user. I can’t find the ticket for reference, but you can see that it is a permission problem.

The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or local user account to access this server

In the Windows services MMC, open the Wowza service, click the “Log on” tab, then select “This Account” and fill in username and password. See if that works.

Richard

You’re welcome. Glad it’s working. Thanks for the update.

Richard

It does indeed work in stand-alone mode! That’s a good fallback plan, but we reaaallly want to run as a service if possible. Any ideas that might fix this problem while running as a service?

It did come up recently with another Wowza user. I can’t find the ticket for reference, but you can see that it is a permission problem.

In the Windows services MMC, open the Wowza service, click the “Log on” tab, then select “This Account” and fill in username and password. See if that works.

Richard

This was the problem, thank you. We got the service logged on as a domain service account and now have proper access. Thanks again for your help.