Wowza Community

RTP Multicast stream to Wowza

hi,

I have a multicast stream for more than one channel , each channel has different IP and same port number( 239.255.2.1:5004 , 239.255.2.2:5004 ,etc ) , this channels generated by VLC-DVBlast (encoder) , so how can I receive this RTP channels and restream them in RTSP ,RTMP or any other protocol .

thanks

Follow this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

Richard

The usual problem is blocked UDP ports. You need to allow UDP ports 0 - 65335 (or at least 6970 - 9999) through your firewall, and map (port-forward) UDP port to your Wowza server in your router or other network devices as necessary.

Richard

We can take a look at what you are doing. First, delete or rename your current access log, then restart Wowza, then start the UDP stream in StreamManager, then try to play it back in a Flash client, use the Wowza LiveVideoStreaming player. Then zip up and send the conf and logs folders to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread.

It is important that you send us what you tested, that we are looking at logs that are consistent with the configuration you send.

Richard

This discussion appears to be spread across multiple threads. See here for more information: MPEG2 is not compatible , May not be playable on flash server , IOS , silverlight

Hi

Do you have any idea why this doesn’t work?

Can you post the start-up part of the Wowza logs so we can try and determine the problems you are having,

this should give us a clue as to what the problem may be.

What do you mean by “its not running on live stream”?

Jason

i tried to use the link , its not running on live stream , do you have any advice ?

thanks for your support , my problem now is with the transcoder, log :

INFO server comment - Wowza Media Server is started!

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[1062659565]

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[1062659565]

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: start: 1

INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/definst]: flv:myStream

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/definst]: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/myStream

INFO stream create - -

INFO stream publish myStream -

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: done: 1

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.streamTimeout[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: timeout:12000 diff:12019 reason:101

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.resetConnection[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.closeRTPSession[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]

INFO stream unpublish myStream -

INFO stream destroy myStream -

• myStream file is created in content/ and it contains rtp://239.255.1.3:5004

• stream name myStream

• I copied the transcoder.xml and transrate.xml to conf/live

• when i try to play the stream no error appears rtmp://myip/live/myStream (stream name )

• I’ve read the article about creating a template and use the transcode.xml

please advice , many thanks :slight_smile:

thanks for your support , my problem now is with the transcoder, log :

INFO server comment - Wowza Media Server is started!

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[1062659565]

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[1062659565]

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: start: 1

INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/definst]: flv:myStream

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/definst]: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/myStream

INFO stream create - -

INFO stream publish myStream -

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: done: 1

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.streamTimeout[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]: timeout:12000 diff:12019 reason:101

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.resetConnection[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.closeRTPSession[1062659565:live/definst:myStream]

INFO stream unpublish myStream -

INFO stream destroy myStream -

• myStream file is created in content/ and it contains rtp://239.255.1.3:5004

• stream name myStream

• I copied the transcoder.xml and transrate.xml to conf/live

• when i try to play the stream no error appears rtmp://myip/live/myStream (stream name )

• I’ve read the article about creating a template and use the transcode.xml

please advice , many thanks :slight_smile:

and I tried to change the stream file to udp://239.255.1.3:5004

is there any other reason that may cause this problem , I already disabled the firewall on Ubuntu o.s that contains the Wowza , and I’m testing between my device and Wowza server in the same network and same subnet (no firewall), I’ve tested the source of the stream rtp://239.255.1.3:5004 on vlc and everything is great , my problem is with transcoding , so please advice .

I apologize , it was by mistake , I prefer to continue on this thread. , I’ve send the email , waiting for your feedback , many thanks :slight_smile: