Wowza Community

MPEG2 is not compatible , May not be playable on flash server , IOS , silverlight

I send multicast RTP stream , I received it by wowza , when I add a new stream from the stream manager , I receive the followings msgs.

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream]: Video codec:MPEG2 isCompatible:false

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream]: Audio codec:MP3 isCompatible:true

WARN server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[live/definst/test.stream]: Invalid video codec for iPhone/iPod: MPEG2

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: smoothstreamingpacketizer:test.stream

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.startStream[live/definst/test.stream]

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream][mp4a.40.34]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Silverlight player.

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Flash player.

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Silverlight player.

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable on iOS devices.

The video track must be h.264 (mpeg4 part 10). Mpeg2 is not supported, except for decode by the Wowza Transcoder

Richard

Transcoding will have more or less of an effect on all 3 of those metrics.

Hi ehuman,

First see the Transcoder tutorial: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-and-run-wowza-transcoder-for-live-streaming

I have not tried your exact configuration, but I believe you would follow a similar process as the MPEG-TS tutorial: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

In other words, you would create a stream file called myStream1.stream, for example, and that file would contain: rtp://239.255.1.1:5004. This would then need to be started using the StreamManager.

Then look to the first link I posted in the “Template Configuration” section you will see: “Where [stream-name] is the name of the stream you are sending from the encoder to Wowza Server. For example if the incoming stream from the encoder is myStream then the transcoded streams will be myStream_360p, myStream_160p and ngrp:myStream_all.”

So then in your case the stream name would be “myStream1.stream” instead of “myStream”.

Then you could play a single transcoded stream in Silverlight with something like:

http://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live/myStream1.stream_160p/Manifest

Make sure that your transcoder template Video and Audio codecs are set to H.264 and AAC respectively. Playback using the transcoded streamname:

http://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live/test.stream_160p/Manifest
rtmp://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live/test.stream_160p

thank you , is there any negative points for doing the transcode on the server ( i.e :video quality , delay in live streaming , wowza server performance , etc )

please do you have any instructions about how to transcode it .

the MPEG-2 channels stream as the following :

rtp://239.255.1.1:5004

rtp://239.255.1.2:5004

rtp://239.255.1.3:5004

so how can i transcode all this channels , your effort is highly appreciated :slight_smile:

I tried to do all the instructions , this is the output the i get :

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1020317998:live/definst:test.stream]: start: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/definst]: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/rtp://239.255.1.3:5004

WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/content/rtp://239.255.1.3:5004

INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/definst]: flv:test.stream

Note: if i change the source from rtp://239.255.1.3:5004 to udp://239.255.1.3:5004 i got another result:

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/test.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 a/v/k:25/96/8 duration:4511

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/definst/test.stream][mp4a.40.34]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Silverlight player.

i tried to play it through rtmp://myip/live/streamname

please advice , thanks :slight_smile: