Thread: DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate via RTSP

Default DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate via RTSP

I am testing and developing a DVR app with the new nDVR add-on. Really cool stuff.

I know that real DVR functionality is not available via RTSP but is it possible to use the DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate to watch old parts of a recording/store?

If it's not already possible are their future plans to implement DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate functionality via RTSP?

There is an error in the code example (article).
    The getDefaultPlaylistRequest needs a DvrTimeScale parameter as first argument and the store as second parameter.

A link to the documentation with bit of explanation of the DvrTimeScale constants (DvrTimeScale.DVR_TIME, DvrTimeScale.UTC_TIME and DvrTimeScale.PACKET_TIME) would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meinaart View Post
    I am testing and developing a DVR app with the new nDVR add-on. Really cool stuff.

I know that real DVR functionality is not available via RTSP but is it possible to use the DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate to watch old parts of a recording/store?

If it's not already possible are their future plans to implement DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate functionality via RTSP?

There is an error in the code example (article).
    The getDefaultPlaylistRequest needs a DvrTimeScale parameter as first argument and the store as second parameter.

A link to the documentation with bit of explanation of the DvrTimeScale constants (DvrTimeScale.DVR_TIME, DvrTimeScale.UTC_TIME and DvrTimeScale.PACKET_TIME) would be nice.
    You can only watch a previous part of the recording via http streaming. No rtsp. Sorry.

Thanks, for the article tip. I will update that as the API changed slightly.

We plan to have more detailed info regarding the playlist request and mapping between time scales. One other article worth mentioning is Wowza nDVR Duration Query API, which queries a recording for its various times.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKell View Post
    You can only watch a previous part of the recording via http streaming. No rtsp. Sorry.

Thanks, for the article tip. I will update that as the API changed slightly.

We plan to have more detailed info regarding the playlist request and mapping between time scales. One other article worth mentioning is Wowza nDVR Duration Query API, which queries a recording for its various times.

Scott
    Thank you for the quick reply. I used that query example already to build my own HTTP provider which returns information about the DVR store in an XML format. Works really well (as usual). I really like this new functionality.

And I used the DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate article to create my own delegate which uses UTC timestamps for seeking.