Thread: Push Addon does not work with streaming using

Default Push Addon does not work with streaming using

I use the schedule/playlist to create a stream. The stream works fine. Then I use the Push Addon to Push this stream to another Wowza server, but it won't work. I have tested the Push Addon with FMLE and it works perfectly. However, it won't work with schedule/playlist SMIL file. Is it possible to Push the stream created from SMIL to another wowza server?

Thanks

If you configure Push Publishing addon in the same application, the push should start when the scheduled stream starts.

Richard

btw, it would be a lot easier and make more sense to use Liverepeater in this case: one Wowza server to another that you have full control of.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....er-Quick-Start

Just change the StreamType in the application that is configured with the scheduler to "liverepeater-origin", and follow the above guide with that server as the origin.

Richard

It only works about 20%. Out of 5 times, it pushes for 1 time. My developer told me the smil playlist does not create onPublish event while using FMLE does this job. That is why it does not work with playlist very well. Do you have any idea on how to make the smil playlist to create onPublish event all the time? In my case I can't use the liverepeater-edge-origin setup. Thanks

The IMediaStreamActionNotify3.onPublish event does fire when this kind of stream is started. What is the source, are you streaming files, live rtmp streams, MediCaster streams, some combo of those?

Richard

I have a list of files put in the /content folder to stream to I guess this is file streaming. I use the smil playlist to publish the stream to the /app application, then trying to use the PushAddon to push to another Wowza server.

Re-start Wowza and test your setup. Make sure a module that implements IMediaStreamActionNotify3 is in place, and try to add some getLogger statement to the onPublish handler for this test.

Then zip up conf and logs folders and send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

Right now the only Module in place is PushAddon. Can you please tell me what module has ImediaStreamActionNotify3? I will include that module in Application.xml to further test.

Thanks

You do have to build it in the IDE, there is not a pre-built module with IMediaStreamActionNotify3 because it doesn't do anything useful by itself, it is just a notifier of other events to which you can react to.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-of-codec-info

Richard