Thread: Generating playlist from manifest

Default Generating playlist from manifest

Hi there ... I've a question before I go this investigating path.
    Is there a way I etTo clarify the question, I know that content I want to playback is in the manifest from chunk index 120 to chunk index 199, and I can filter and generate a manifest with only that info. Can I somehow playback?

The thing I'm facing is I know those are the chunks I want to play based on the time they were recorded (and in future, filtering by metadata)

Now, to play them back normally, I need to reference the time zero of the recording (which I do know) ... but a complex formula in the middle to find out if there was a gap in the middle.
    For instance, if chunk 120 I want to start is at 10:00:00 AM, and I started recording at 9:00:00 ... I know that at 3600 secs from beginning is the content. But if for any reason there was a gap (let's say there was a gap of 2 mins at 9:30:00 AM), the whole thing changes as there's no fillinig for gaps. Now, the fragment I want to play starts at 3480 from the beginning.

I hope the question is clear
    Thanks for any help
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tavius View Post
    Hi there ... I've a question before I go this investigating path.
    Is there a way I etTo clarify the question, I know that content I want to playback is in the manifest from chunk index 120 to chunk index 199, and I can filter and generate a manifest with only that info. Can I somehow playback?

The thing I'm facing is I know those are the chunks I want to play based on the time they were recorded (and in future, filtering by metadata)

Now, to play them back normally, I need to reference the time zero of the recording (which I do know) ... but a complex formula in the middle to find out if there was a gap in the middle.
    For instance, if chunk 120 I want to start is at 10:00:00 AM, and I started recording at 9:00:00 ... I know that at 3600 secs from beginning is the content. But if for any reason there was a gap (let's say there was a gap of 2 mins at 9:30:00 AM), the whole thing changes as there's no fillinig for gaps. Now, the fragment I want to play starts at 3480 from the beginning.

I hope the question is clear
    Thanks for any help
    Cheers
    tavius,

There's no way to generate a playlist based on chunk index.
    However, if you have the first and last chunks, you can query dvr start time and end time for each of the chunks (Its a DvrManifestEntry), and generate a playlist request based on these times.

Scott