Wowza Community

Live stream ---) Akamaï ----) Wowza

hi, here is my first post :wink:

I am trying to stream a live stream from akamaï to Wowza 3

i followed this https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-an-unprotected-stream-from-adobe-media-server-or-a-cdn

but i am not sure with my"rtmp.stream" configuration

rtmp.stream:

I wrote

rtmp://cpXXXXX.live.edgefcs.net/live

but the stream name doesn’t appear on this link. Am I wrong??

so when i turn on the liverepeater i got this:

INFO stream create - -

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.connect: rtmp://cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/live:rtmp://cp46503.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live

INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/definst]: flv:rtmp.stream

WARN server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.doWatchdog: streamTimeout: Resetting connection

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.resetConnection: (SOCKET, R: cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/217.243.192.70:1935, L: /88.190.36.199:50957, S: cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/217.243.192.70:1935)

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed:

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed: reconnect: isCurrentSession:false tryConnect:true

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: playlistChunkCount:4

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: sanjosestreamingpacketizer:rtmp.stream

INFO server comment - SanJosePacketHandler.startStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: chunkDurationTarget: 10000

INFO server comment - SanJosePacketHandler.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: chunkDurationTolerance: 500

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: audioGroupCount: 3

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.init[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: playlistChunkCount:3

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: cupertinostreamingpacketizer:rtmp.stream

INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.startStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.getLiveStreamPacketizer: Create live stream packetizer: smoothstreamingpacketizer:rtmp.stream

INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.startStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

WARN server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.doWatchdog: streamTimeout: Resetting connection

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.resetConnection: (SOCKET, R: cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/217.243.192.70:1935, L: /88.190.36.199:50958, S: cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/217.243.192.70:1935)

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed:

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.sessionClosed: reconnect: isCurrentSession:false tryConnect:true

INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - SanJosePacketHandler.resetStream[live/definst/rtmp.stream]

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Destroy live stream packetizer: sanjosestreamingpacketizer

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Destroy live stream packetizer: smoothstreamingpacketizer

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Destroy live stream packetizer: cupertinostreamingpacketizer

What is/are my errors??

Thanks a lot

Yoann

Hi

You need to include the stream name in the url that the .stream file is pointing to.

E.g.

rtmp://cpXXXXX.live.edgefcs.net/live/myStream

Jason

One possibility is bitrate/bandwidth. Test with half the bitrate to see if the problem goes away.

It is possible that the key frame frequency of your stream is not a factor of the default cupertinoChunkDurationTarget. Take a look at the Cupertino settings article:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-configure-apple-hls-packetization-cupertinostreaming

Try half bitrate first.

If you are encoding with b-frames, try turning that off

Richard

Hi

Where are you trying to connect to, can you confirm that the source stream is still running if you connect directly?

If your not in control of the source stream there may have been some extra security added.

Jason

Hi

So you can watch the source stream from a flash player and have confirmed that its working?

Whats the link to the source stream that’s hosted my Akamai?

When did the set-up stop working?

Was it working in March and April?

Jason

Hi

The rtmp.stream looks correct.

Did you download Wowza again and then create this application as it was before or did you just change the key over from the trial to the perpetual licence key?

Can you post the Application.xml and some more detailed logs?

Jason

It works, thanks a lot!

but often (several times/minute) I’ve got trouble with cupertino stream.

The ihpone player stop playing (pause) then if i press play, it plays immediately

NFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 a/v/k:382/222/5 duration:8840

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:5 a/v/k:127/221/5 duration:8840

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:433/251/5 duration:10040

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:144/250/5 duration:10040

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:478/278/6 duration:11080

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:159/277/6 duration:11080

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 a/v/k:143/250/5 duration:10000

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 a/v/k:432/251/5 duration:10000

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:9 a/v/k:365/212/5 duration:8440

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:9 a/v/k:122/211/5 duration:8440

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:10 a/v/k:495/288/6 duration:11480

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/definst/rtmp.stream]: Add chunk: id:10 a/v/k:164/287/6 duration:11480

INFO cupertino connect 1749514123 -

INFO stream create rtmp.stream -

INFO stream play rtmp.stream -

INFO cupertino connect 2038300890 -

INFO cupertino connect 657856512 -

INFO stream play rtmp.stream -

INFO stream stop rtmp.stream -

INFO stream destroy rtmp.stream -

INFO cupertino disconnect 1749514123 -

INFO cupertino disconnect 2038300890 -

INFO stream stop rtmp.stream -

INFO cupertino disconnect 657856512 -

any ideas?

hi,

i haven’t touch anything and i tried today and it’s not working anymore

WARN server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.connect: failure

any ideas?

Yes, the source stream is still running.

I’ve got control of it.

This is from akamai, the stream adress and stream name hadn’t change.

it was working in february and i’ve checked everything following this https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-an-unprotected-stream-from-adobe-media-server-or-a-cdn

and even try to create a new one but same result.

rtmp://cp46503.live.edgefcs.net/live/volive6@54952 the one in the rtmp.stream file

http://www.vo-live.fr/live/direct/_u2sPZzB.html (the live)

i tested this in fabruary/march with a 30 days trial (working well), then with bought a perpetual licence a week ago and it is not working.

I just changed the serial

true

live

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

${SourceStreamName}.xml,transrate.xml

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/profiles

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/templates

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/dvr

append

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming

digest

none

senderreport

any idea?

it’s working now.

I d’ont know why, but my “live” conf is not working anymore (even in a simple live streaming)

I created a new one and it works!

thanks a lot