Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Transcoding not working after server hardware upgrade....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default Transcoding not working after server hardware upgrade....

    We replaced the server hardware with a new beefy server to handle 15+ transcoding streams. With this installation we also setup java server as per the tutorials. I copied over all the config files to the new server. It sees the stream content files - but apparently either missed or changed something and the transscoder is not converting the available streams.

    Background Info:

    Camera Streams are MPEG4
    When I connect to a target camera using the URL in the stream file via VLC Media Player I get the expected stream.
    I copied the following directories / files:
    Everything in /Applications (I need to setup two application directories, Live1 & Live2)
    Everything in /conf/live1 & /conf/live2
    LiveStreamTranscoder is set to transcoder
    Live1 : Templates is set to ${SourceStreamName}.xml,transcode_sightlogix.xml
    Live2 : Templates is set to ${SourceStreamName}.xml,transcode_acti.xml
    Everything in /content
    e.g. WebcamAPL49.stream = rtsp://10.110.10.149/mpeg4/1/media.amp
    Everything in /tramscoder
    both transcode_acti.xml and transcode_sightlogix.xml are in /transcoder/templates

    I had previously edited:
    /bin/WowzaMediaServer-Service.conf
    setenv.bat

    In order to enable the java server option. This was the only difference between the olde and new server setup.

    When I start Wowza, the Stream Manager shows the stream(s) in the list, but I don't see the Name Group nor any transcoded stream listed. e.g. WebcamAPL49.stream_160.

    Ideas? BBQ Recipes?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    If you haven't already, please email zipped conf/ logs/ and transcoder/ folders to support@wowza.com
    along with a link reference to this thread and any other relevant information.

    - Daren

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Looks like it was the Audio Codec setting in the transcoder.xml file. Something changed between minor versions - I'll find out the Wowza version on the replaced server tomorrow - but unless there is an audio stream or you don't have "disabled" as the Audio Codec - the Transcoder will not start.

    This is *new* behaviour and it cost me down time since last week Thursday.

    I was helped by this thread with the same issue:

    http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...alist-is-empty

Similar Threads

  1. AWS EC2 Live transcoding - Hardware Accleration
    By sathishkumarkps in forum Wowza Streaming Engine in the Cloud
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 12:08 AM
  2. Hardware requirements for transcoding 25 channels
    By karelboek in forum AddOn: Transcoder
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 03:56 AM
  3. Hardware question for transcoding live stream
    By keokee in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •