Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTTP Streaming Compatbility With Apple iPhone and iPad

Default HTTP Streaming Compatbility With Apple iPhone and iPad

Hi. I have a client that has an iPad/iPhone app. I serve HTTP streams to them and up until just recently, we have had no issues. But their last revision was rejected for the following reason:

"We found that your app does not use the HTTP Live Streaming protocol, with a baseline stream of 64 kbps, to broadcast streaming video, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines."

I implemented the suggested changes found elsewhere in this forum for "adding multi bitrate audio only rendition to iOS streams...". I tested and all looked good. Our base on-demand files were encoded with a 64kbps audio stream so we got lucky there (we have over 10,000 on-demand files). The client re-submitted and we got rejected again for the same reason.

So, I am stumped. I've registered as an Apple developer and tried working it from that side, but that has been slow going.

I am running Wowza 2.2.3 if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

Hi
    Have you tried using this tool?,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....reamvalidator)

That should tell you what you need to know.

It is also always best to upgrade to the latest version of Wowza.

Jason

I had Apple run it for me yesterday. Apparently the issue is now different and I had solved the 64 kbps issue with my previous changes, although the Apple Acceptance team did not indicate that.

Now I am getting different errors. Different for live versus on-demand.

On-Demand:
    media_1.ts?wowzasessionid=1276328531:
    WARNING: Unable to read video timestamps in track 0; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read decode timestamps in track 0; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read video timestamps in track 1; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read decode timestamps in track 1; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.

Live:
    Playlist Validation:
    Error: (-12642:-12312) Media segment doesn't match - sequence 16 --> media_16.ts?wowzasessionid=1765170611

That is where I am at now. Seems to me that these must be coming out of Wowza and not the Encoders. But I am working that now.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Was this file recorded in Wowza? Are you using the LiveStreamRecord Addon or API, or are you using StreamType "live-record" to record?

If you are using LiveStreamRecord, try setting the startOnKeyFrame flag to true.

If you are using StreamType "live-record", try setting this Property in the /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /Properties list:
    <Property>
     <Name>recordWaitForVideoKeyFrame</Name>
     <Value>true</Value>
     <Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>
    The thought is that there is a section of audio at the start without video. One of the above methods should prevent that from happening.

Richard

The live streams are created through a 3rd party transcoder with an rtmp feed being sent into Wowza for distribution.

The VOD streams are transcoded from WMV using Expressions, and then served from Wowza.

I will give this a try. Thanks.
    Last edited by eggmanred; 02-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Or it might be a bug in the Apple Validator tool

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...-media-streams

Richard

I misread the advice above. The content was not recorded using Wowza.

We believe this is a bug in the Apple Validator tool. btw, it is confusing for us to run more than one thread on the same issue.

Richard

So, if this is a bug in the current validator tool, aren't all wowza streams going to fail Apple validation when new apps are submitted? This would seem to be a very high priority issue if that is the case. Is my next step to go to Apple and say "Wowza says it is a bug in your tool and that a bug report has already been submitted". That might get me somewhere but I am not optimistic.

I understand about the two threads. The issue changed so I started a new thread because I was getting no traction in the other one. Then people started posting in both.

I don't think App Store will fail you on WARNING line (though I don't speak for them of course). The main reason for failure in streaming is target bitrate +- 10% of actual, and missing 64kbs stream.

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast