Thread: Processing video while or after encoding

Default Processing video while or after encoding

Hello,

I currently have an app with a module that i wrote which is responsible for determining when a live stream has completed and moving it to another server where it will be stored.
    I am using H264 and mp4: format in live-record mode for the video.

When the video is finished recording, I want to take a list of images and timestamps which my web application will collect and I want to show those images in the video in a small box (like a watermark, but an actual image overlaid over the video). I was wondering if anyone had any advice for how i should go about doing this, preferably i would fit it into my wowza module before moving it to the other server.

It doesn't have to be done live as the video is streaming (might not have all the information available at that time either), but i would like to do it before my wowza module moves the file so I guess Java in the wowza module would be the best method if its at all possible.

Thanks in advance,
    - Ken

Hello Ken,
    Wowza Transcoder has the capability to overlay a graphic (JPEG, PNG or BMP) while transcoding and recording a live stream. See the Video/Overlays section of the Wowza Transcoder Tutorial for the property options.

-Lisa

Don't think this is going to work, I wont know the images at server startup time. These images will be taken while the live stream is running and saved in my database with a timestamp. I would then like to alter the saved video somehow and overlay these images to the video at the appropriate time.

We do have an API for this but it is not fully documented. We hope to document it in the coming months.

Charlie

Ok, that sounds exciting. Is there any way i can get alerted when this functionality is ready? Also if it already exists there is there some code i can go through to try and figure it out? I'm not afraid of doing a little diving to figure it out.

Thanks,
    Ken

This is exactly what I want to do. Could you give me some pointers on how to set up the ability to automatically run my own script to post process a video once the received stream has finished and been saved?

Many thanks

Take a look at IMediaWriterActionNotify to hook into the Wowza recording process to add your post-process:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....f-live-streams

Richard

Great, thanks very much!