Wowza Community

Stream not found [live/smil:myStream.smil/manifest.f4m]: myStream.smil

Dear all,

Please help me this problem.

I config my Wowza as this link: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-live-streaming-using-an-rtmp-based-encoder

When I config Adaptive Bitrate Streaming, I get error.

I made 1 file named myStream.smil in content folder.

I ran this link: http://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live/smil:myStream.smil/manifest.f4m

And get this error: WARN server comment - HTTPStreamerAdapterSanJoseStreamer.getAppInstance: Stream not found [live/smil:myStream.smil/manifest.f4m]: myStream.smil

Please tell me what wrong ?

Thank you.

Perhaps a typo in the filename of your .smil? Make sure there is not a .txt extension if you’re using Windows.

Just to clarify, I think that bug was in 3.0.3 and fixed in 3.0.4. Wowza current and recommended version is 3.0.5

Richard

I answered same here:

Richard

No, you don’t have to start a the .smil file in StreamManager. You might want to start each of the streams that are in the .smil in StreamManager if they are MediaCaster streams such as from an IP camera or mpeg-ts encoder source (MediaCaster type “rtp”), or if you are using Live Stream Repeater on an edge server (MediaCaster type “liverepeater”)

Richard

Can you play the individual streams contained in the .smil? What player are you using? Does the .smil play using the Wowza examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/clientSilverlight/Default.html?

Other troubleshooting that might narrow down the problem:

1. Post the output of "ls -la /[Wowza-Install-Directory]/content

2. Post your .smil file.

3. Post your live application Application.xml.

Hi

Are you using Wowza 3.0.4?

If so upgrade to 3.0.5 this was found as a bug in 3.0.4 and has now been fixed.

Jason

Hello,

I´m trying to play a Flash HTTP streaming and getting the same error.

NEED HELP

This is the error that I got from the wowza.

om.br=27342
2012-03-03      17:03:28        BRT     comment server  INFO    200     -       onHTTPSessionCreate: para-no-perderte.mp3       -       -       -       0.134   -       -       -       -       -   --       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
2012-03-03      17:03:28        BRT     comment server  WARN    200     -       HTTPStreamerAdapterSanJoseStreamer.getAppInstance: Stream not found [vod/_definst_/mp4:para-no-perderte.mp3/manifest.f4m?=3917239=ispreview=webdevmx.imusica.com.br=27342]: para-no-perderte.mp3     -       -       -       0.135   -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -   --       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -

somebody just to clarify. Please!!

Perhaps a typo in the filename of your .smil? Make sure there is not a .txt extension if you’re using Windows.

Dear,

No, I am using Fedora. The file is myStream.smil.

Can you play the individual streams contained in the .smil? What player are you using? Does the .smil play using the Wowza examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/clientSilverlight/Default.html?

Other troubleshooting that might narrow down the problem:

1. Post the output of "ls -la /[Wowza-Install-Directory]/content

2. Post your .smil file.

3. Post your live application Application.xml.

Dear randall,

Yes, I can play individual streams, example:http://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live/livestream1/manifest.f4m,

I am using Adobe Flash player (San Jose/Flash HTTP), file in [install-dir]/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/clientOSMF/bin-release/SimpleOSMFPlayer.html. I created smil file by myself like this:

Hi all,

Yes, I am using Wowza 3.0.4.

Today I will upgrade to 3.0.5, and will report the result.

Thanks all.

Hi all,

The problem was solved,

I upgraded to 3.0.5 and now is OK.

Thanks all.

The smil file run automatically after creation or i have to run it from stream manager ?