Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live-Record not working in 3.0.4 and 3.0.5?

Default Live-Record not working in 3.0.4 and 3.0.5?

Hi,

We have been using Wowza 3.0.3 successfully for several weeks, in an app that streams live video and records/stores the FLV in a network folder.

However, this week, after upgrading to 3.0.4 and today (Feb 16) to 3.0.5, the recording simply does not happen. Actually it happens only IF the destination folder was already created prior to start of the stream. In 3.0.3 it was "more intelligent": if the folder didn't exist, Wowza would automatically create it and store the FLV in there. Now, after the upgrade, the folder is not created automatically, which seems to be the cause of the problem.

Can anyone else confirm this? Do I need to revert back to 3.0.3?

Thanks in advance,

Helder Conde

Hello Helder. I just confirmed in 3.0.5 that when configuring StorageDir to point at a network drive, the folder is created and the flv is stored there. Can you confirm that you can access the networked folder from the server's file system. If you are still having difficulties, please open a ticket and provide your Application.xml and logs and we will investigate further. Thanks...

Are you using Windows server? Are you running Wowza as a service? If so, open the Windows services MMC, open the Wowza service, select the Log On tab, then select This Account and add an network account that has write access to the network storage location.

Richard

Richard,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I'm running Wowza as a service and the account it's using does have write priviledges. The proof: if I manually create the storage folder prior or event during the live stream, the FLV starts getting recorded just fine.

This is only hapenning on my Wowza 3.0.5. On another server, running 3.0.2, this problem does not occur.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Helder Conde

As a matter of fact, I get the following information from the log:

"MediaWriteFLV: Folder does not exist: \\storage\Videos\NameofTheStream"

In fact, the folder does not exist. I'd Wowza to create it, as it was doing before.

Thanks

I'm 99% sure this is a permission problem, it always has been so far. Try running Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode instead of as a service. In that case you probably won't have the problem, it's just the service that needs to have the right network user added in the Log On tab.

Richard

Tried that too... The problem happens just the same.

Helder

In any case, it's a permission problem if the unc path is correct, and if everything works normally when you replace the unc path with default content location under Wowza install location.

Richard

Richard,

Indeed, if I use a local C: folder for that, it works fine. The problem seems to happen only when I try UNC (the same one I've been using for years!) on the application.xml. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Helder Conde

It's always a permission problem in this case. I have never seen another cause. Look again at how you have the service configured. See if you can involve a network admin.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast