Thread: Use of utcTimecodeDelegate

Default Use of utcTimecodeDelegate

Hi there, I'm reading the release notes of 3.0.5, and found a reference to "utcTimecodeDelegate" being implemented.
    Does it do something similar to DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate, where instead of milliseconds from start of DVR recording, DVR can be queried using UTC time?
    If so, it'd be great to have an example how to use it. Right now, I've my own function to query DVR with UTC, and getting milliseconds from the start as a response, but I'm always afraid of my code scalability

Thanks

tavius,

The utc timecode delegate is to allow a more accurate setting of the utc timecode for each DVR chunk. For example, you can pull this data out of some types of packets.

We don't yet have this documented with an article.

We also plan to publish an article regarding selecting playlist by UTC. Sorry but I don't know when this will happen.

Scott

Any updates about this?

Quote Originally Posted by xzerth View Post
    Any updates about this?
    sorry, no.

Scott?

Any updates?

This playlist request API article has a code snippet that demonstrates how to create a playlist request based on UTC time.

-Lisa

To clarify, we don't yet have sample code for creating more precise DVR UTC timecodes. I don't have a time frame for this, but we will post again when documentation is available.

-Lisa