Wowza Community

Problem connecting RTMP

Hi,

I’ve install Wowza server

trying to connect using rtmp and I’m getting the following error

rtmp @ 0x238c520] Server error: Connection failed: Application folder ([install-location]/applications/) is missing

I’ve installed wowza on the default dir (/usr/local/Wowza…) and verified that I do have applications directory…

Can anyone please advice?

If this is the RTMP connect URL, for example:

rtmp://[wowza-address]:1935/myApplication

Then you need this folder:

[wowza-install-dir]/applications/myApplication.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-install-and-configure-wowza-streaming-engine#appConfig

Richard

I think this is a known issue with ffmpeg. What version off ffmpeg are you running? You may want to upgrade to the latest, latest. Even build from source.

Charlie

Do you have Wowza installed in multiple locations? If so, which one is generating new logs?

Richard

Zip up conf and logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

I actually did try

and still getting same error…

Connection failed: Application folder ([install-location]/applications/) is missing

It’s feels like the installation-dir is not the same as the default dir (/usr/local/Wowzaserver)…

But I’ve changed nothing and when wowza loads it says home dir is /usr/local/Wowzase…

My Rtmp example:

ffmpeg -i sample1.mp4 -f flv “rtmp://localhost:1935/testApp”

output:[rtmp @ 0x2487520] Server error: Connection failed: Application folder ([install-location]/applications/) is missing.

and on server side (wowza_error.log) i see WARN server comment 2012-02-17 16:52:24 - - - - - 387.618 - - - - - - - Application folder ([install-location]/applications/) is missing

No,

I’ve tried installing the wowza on another server (thought the issue might be related my specific server) but it’s not…