Wowza Community

Stream Name Alias Over riding RTMP Push Stream

Hi There,

I’m having a problem with the Stream Name Alias AddOn over riding a Push RTMP Authenticated Stream Name.

I’ve created a live repeater-origin application and setup RTMP Authentication, Secure Token between the origin and edge servers and also setup Stream Name Alias within the live repeater-origin application.

Before setting up the stream name alias module in the origin application, I would use the streammanager and start a stream under the application with name “rtmp-live” for example. Using wirecast, I could publish an RTMP live stream using the username and password in publish.password file and it worked fine.

Other IP cameras that I was streaming live, I would put the RTSP url into files with .stream extensions in the content folder. Now that I have implemented the stream name alias addon module, I have all of the IP cams in the conf/aliasmap.stream.txt file like so:

Default Rule = *=${Stream.Name}

IP Cam RTSP Stream Alias File

++ China Cams ++

ipcamera1=rtsp://user:password@ip:554/media/video1

ipcamera2=rtsp://user:password@ip:554/media/video1

This works just fine for all of the IP cams. It seems now that when I use the streammanager and start a stream under the origin application with the name ramp-live for example… that the server is getting confused and not seeing that name in the alias map.stream.txt file. So when I try to publish the RTMP Authenticated feed using wirecast, it doesn’t work.

I don’t want to have to create a separate liverepeater-origin application for the wirecast published RTMP feeds… I would rather keep all of the RTMP and IP camera feeds published into the one liverepeater-origin application and the same edge server application on each edge server that I bring up. Following are some of the logs. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim

2012-02-25 21:19:52 UTC comment server INFO 200 - ModuleStreamNameAlias.nameToAlias[play]: streamName:iphone-live alias:{pattern: “*” alias:"${Stream.Name}" wildcardMatches:{[0]: “iphone-live”}} result:iphone-live - - - 456.859 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:q!

2012-02-25 21:19:53 UTC comment server INFO 200 - ModuleStreamNameAlias.nameToAlias[stream]: streamName:iphone-live alias:{pattern: “iphone-live” alias:“iphone-live” wildcardMatches:null} result:iphone-live - - - 458.311 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2012-02-25 21:19:56 UTC comment server INFO 200 - ModuleStreamNameAlias.nameToAlias[stream]: streamName:iphone-live alias:{pattern: “iphone-live” alias:“iphone-live” wildcardMatches:null} result:iphone-live - - - 461.354 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2012-02-25 21:19:56 UTC comment server INFO 200 - ModuleStreamNameAlias.nameToAlias[stream]: streamName:iphone-live alias:{pattern: “iphone-live” alias:“iphone-live” wildcardMatches:null} result:iphone-live - - - 461.455 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Seems like you using StreamManager to start streams that you are publishing to Wowza with StreamManager, which is not correct.

You can use one application to start (pull) MediaCaster streams (your IP cams in this case), and publish (push) RTMP or RTP streams to Wowza with an encoder like Wirecast. But for the Wirecast streams, do not start them in StreamManager. The conf/aliasmap.stream.txt pertains to MediaCaster streams, not push streams as Wirecast produces. Just avoid using any alias that is the same as stream name you are going to publish to Wowza with Wirecast

Richard

btw, I disabled smilies in your post, so the URLs do not embedded smilies, is why I show up as editing.

Tim,

Cool! Thanks for the update. Glad it’s working.

Richard

btw, I disabled smilies in your post, so the URLs do not embedded smilies, is why I show up as editing.

Richard,

You are a miracle worker! Thank you. That did the trick. I didn’t realize that I didn’t have to enter the RTMP push (Wirecast) stream into the streammanager.

Thanks again,

Tim