Thread: Different ways to startup Wowza?

Question Different ways to startup Wowza?

Are there any difference in starting up the Wowza Server in the following two different ways:
    - Press Start in Services.msc\WowzaMediaServer
    - C:\program files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.0.3\bin\startup.bat

Because I could only use the JConsole the monitor the Wowza Server when I startup the Wowza Server with the startup.bat >_<

Thanks

See the first "Note" in the user guide under the section "Starting and Stopping the Server". It is probably because the Wowza service is started as the "Local System Account" user and you are running Jconsole as a different user. You need to configure the Wowza service to run as your local user which should be part of the Administrators group.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    See the first "Note" in the user guide under the section "Starting and Stopping the Server". It is probably because the Wowza service is started as the "Local System Account" user and you are running Jconsole as a different user. You need to configure the Wowza service to run as your local user which should be part of the Administrators group.
    Thanks for answering
    However, I have tried the solution of starting the Wowza services with Administrator account.
    And I still could not get the same effect of running the startup.bat and starting in services.msc

You are right. I was not able to get it working as my logged in user on Win7 either. I also tried starting Jconsole as the System Account using PSTools, but that gave an invalid PID error.

I was able to get it working quite simply using the JMX Remote Interface. See the userguide section "Remote JMX Interface Configuration".