Thread: ImediaCasterNotify2 onStreamStop not implemented. What can I do?

1. Default ImediaCasterNotify2 onStreamStop not implemented. What can I do?

I'm using my own classes to set up a repeater for a stream from an FMIS origin.

I'm using MediaCasterStreamMap.acquire() to create a MediaCasterStreamItem to connect up to my origin stream, and that's working as expected. I need my class to be notified if the streaming begin played from the origin stops, but it seems that onStreamStop() is not implemented on IMediaCasterNOtify2.

How can I be notified when the stream stops on the origin?

Also, how can I prevent the LiveMediaStreamReceiver from automatically reconnecting? I see methods to set timeout, but I don't see anything to simply shutdown the MediaCasterStreamItem if the connection is lost. If the connection is broken, I want to do my own processing and then manually reconnect using a new MediaCasterStreamItem.

You should be able to tell if it is reconnecting by looking at onConnectStart. This is called when a connection/reconnection start. To stop reconnecting then you need to release the object you aqcuired. You will see a release method as part of the same API.

3. Default

Thanks Charlie.

I tried that previously, and it causes a NullPointerException to be thrown by the LiveMediaStreamReceiver.reconnector . Are there any potential problems there (leaks, etc)? I have hundreds of these edge instances running, and each can encounter multiple origin reconnects during the lifetime of the application instance.

Last edited by jay_charles; 02-28-2012 at 06:28 AM.

What code did you in event method. It is most likely your code that is throwing the nullptr exception.

5. Default

According to the event log, the nullpointerexception is coming from LiveMediaReceiver.reconnector

But, looking at my code I realize I'm calling MediaCasterStreamMap.release(MediaCasterStreamItem), rather than calling release directly on the MediaCasterStreamItem. Perhaps that's the cause of the nullpointerexception. Will noodle with it and let you know if the exception persists.