Wowza Community

vlc live stream I need help password

Hi every one

I am having a big problem here i really need help.

Let me start first explaining what i want and what i have done so far.

Ok i have installed a fresh debian squeeze + vlc and ffmpeg and of course wowza media server 3 trial version with 30 days key…

Now what i want…

I want to encode a live channel from a dreambox (DM500S) with vlc and send it to wowza then publish it on the iptv/http etc simple yes…

well to me is NO…

OK dreambox can be played very smooth and high quality with vlc localy and remote.

now local in my web browser i typed my dm500s ip address192.168.1.80 and got to download the video.m3u and open it with vlc perfect quality (mpeg2) which playes perfect, so i want to encode this perfect quality to a reasonable flash format with vlc live and send it to wowza then publish the reasonable quality that originally was mpeg 2 (DM500S). to iptv/http etc.

Now what i have done…

I have completed the test tutorial (A Quick Streaming Test) and its working perfect. also the vlc with wowza tutorial and it looks good but i wanted also to learn wowza and linux to see how it work since i am a window user and i install wowza in debian for testing but it gives me headache, my licence is only for this pc ( i dont know if i can download for windows again and use the same license)?

Now i got this far

started vlc with this command

vlc -vvv “Desktop/video.m3u” --sout “#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=baseline,level=3.0,nocabac},vcodec=x264,vb=150,scale=0.5,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=10000,mux=ts}”

i got this

[0x8ff900c] main filter debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates

[0x8ff900c] audio_format filter debug: f32l->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16

[0x8ff900c] main filter debug: using audio filter module “audio_format”

[0x8ff900c] main filter debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.080 ms - Total 0.080 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.080 ms)

[0x8f2da9c] main stream out debug: Filter ‘audio_format’ (0x8ff900c) appended to chain

[0x8f2da9c] stream_out_transcode stream out debug: Got complete audio filter chain

[0x8f2ab8c] main mux debug: adding a new input

[0x8f2ab8c] mux_ts mux debug: adding input codec=mp4a pid=73

[0x8f2ab8c] mux_ts mux debug: - lang=eng

[0x8f2ab8c] mux_ts mux debug: new PCR PID is 73

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 22%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 25%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 28%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 31%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 34%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 36%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 39%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 42%

[0xb6f0ed7c] packetizer_mpegvideo decoder debug: waiting for sequence start

[0xb6f0ed7c] packetizer_mpegvideo decoder debug: size 544x576 fps=25.000

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 45%

[0xb4305a0c] main stream output debug: adding a new sout input (sout_input:0xb6f0c010)

[0x8f2da9c] stream_out_transcode stream out debug: creating video transcoding from fcc=mpgv' to fcc=x264’

[0xb6f0dc7c] main generic debug: looking for decoder module: 30 candidates

[0xb6f0dc7c] avcodec generic debug: libavcodec already initialized

[0xb6f0dc7c] avcodec generic debug: trying to use direct rendering

[0xb6f0dc7c] avcodec generic debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-1/2 Video) started

[0xb6f0dc7c] main generic debug: using decoder module “avcodec”

[0xb6f0dc7c] main generic debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.867 ms - Total 0.867 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.867 ms)

[0xb6f0cd0c] main encoder debug: looking for encoder module: 0 candidates

[0xb6f0cd0c] main encoder debug: no encoder module matched “x264”

[0xb6f0cd0c] main encoder debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.066 ms - Total 0.066 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.066 ms)

[0x8f2da9c] stream_out_transcode stream out error: cannot find video encoder (module:x264 fourcc:x264)

[0xb6f0dc7c] avcodec generic debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-1/2 Video) stopped

[0xb6f0dc7c] main generic debug: removing module “avcodec”

[0x8f2da9c] stream_out_transcode stream out error: cannot create video chain

[0xb6f0ed7c] main decoder error: cannot create packetizer output (mpgv)

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 48%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 51%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 53%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 56%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 59%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 62%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 65%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 68%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 70%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 73%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 76%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 79%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 82%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 85%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 87%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 90%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 93%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 96%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Buffering 99%

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Stream buffering done (1224 ms in 1222 ms)

[0xb6f029cc] main input debug: Decoder buffering done in 0 ms

[0x8ffc224] a52 generic debug: A/52 channels:6 samplerate:48000 bitrate:384000

it looks like something is happening but i dont know.

I have also followed this tutorial

How to publish and play a live stream (MPEG-TS based encoder)

but i am stack at admin user and password??

http://[wowza-address]:8086/streammanager

I tried everything I am the admin so what is the password??

not even here

[install-dir]/conf/admin.password

Admin password file (format [username][space][password])

username password

myuser mypassword

not working too.

My question is

1 - all these nice tutorial is windows, Can i get a simple way for debian to stream this from dm500s (dvbs) coming from vlc and encoded it then send to woza and publish it (flash)?.

2 - where are the content file are located ? all my folders are empty why? (only example folder have some files.

3- what is the password on the

[install-dir]/conf/admin.password

i tried all but nothing working.

4 after installing and playing around with ffmpeg to pass an error i got issue with vlc woth blank page.(no Video ) now.

Can any one help me please?

If the Dreambox has RTSP output, you can re-stream from it directly without VLC following this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Or if it has mpeg-ts output, this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

Richard

You set these in /conf/admin.password

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-stream-manager-in-wowza-media-server-3

Richard

See if it has a .txt extension, if so remove that. The extension must be .password

/conf/admin.password

And that contents is plain text

Richard

WARN server comment - Missing function: createStream

This means the Application.xml is malformed. Get a new one from the conf folder and start over.

Richard

“Missing function: createStream” usually means malformed Application.xml. You can zip up conf and logs folders and send to support@wowza.com, so we can have a look. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Great, thanks for the update. Glad it’s working

Richard

I would re-install VLC, is the only suggestion I can give.

Richard

1. What URI are you using to play the stream?

With the LiveVideoStreaming client it should look like this:

Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]/live
Stream: mpegts.stream

1. Where is your mpegts.stream located? It should be in your content folder.

2. What it written in the mpegts.stream file? It should be “udp://0.0.0.0:10000”.

Sorry, I was on a wrong track there. UDP is for the MPEG-TS tutorial, if you were using VLC to encode. For RTSP, use the RTSP Camera tutorial Richard mentioned.

If you’ve got your camera setup to stream using RTSP, you have to set the camera.stream file “to the full RTSP/RTP URL to camera.” Look to the documentation of the camera to know what the RTSP URI is. Maybe you set the stream file to “rtsp://[camera-ip]:[camera-streaming-port]”?

Regarding the “Missing function” error, see this thread: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthread.php?823-Missing-function

Either your application.xml is having a problem, or you need to uninstall/reinstall the latest Wowza downloaded from here: http://www.wowza.com/pricing/installer

Your vlc command works for me on Win7 with Wowza 3.0.4 and VLC 1.1.11 using the Application.xml in the MPEG-TS tutorial. When you enter the VLC command it is normal for the VLC window to have a black screen unless you specify the “duplicate” parameter on the command line or click “display locally” in the GUI.

You need to step back a bit and get Wowza working. Try this tutorial first: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-video-on-demand-streaming

The only difference I see is that you appear to be streaming to another computer. I was streaming on my localhost to my local Wowza:

vlc -vvv sample.mp4 --sout "#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=main},vcodec=x264,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels =2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=10000,mux=ts}"

“i dont know if i can download for windows again and use the same license?”

You can use the trial license on different computers/OSs as long as you are only running one copy of Wowza at any given time.

If the Dreambox has RTSP output, you can re-stream from it directly without VLC following this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Or if it has mpeg-ts output, this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

Richard

thanks richard for your reply.

I have already follow this tutorial

How-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-(MPEG-TS-based-encoder

as i said i am stack with the password and username on.

Open a web browser and enter the url: http://[wowza-address]:8086/streammanager

Enter your admin username and password from above.

what is the password?

Sorry for the noob question but i dont know what to do here.

i have tried the root password the user password and the [install-dir]/conf/admin.password.

sill non of them are correct.

any one knows?

You set these in /conf/admin.password

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-stream-manager-in-wowza-media-server-3

Richard

I have tried that so many times, also i have searched the whole system for admin.password and i got only 1 found which is the one i made following the tutorial but these logins was very simple like this

Admin password file (format [username][space][password])

username password

ade 1234

still it gives me the same page asking me to login no error.

i will try to restart the system or test it with a different web browser, but if any one had similar issue please help me.

See if it has a .txt extension, if so remove that. The extension must be .password

/conf/admin.password

And that contents is plain text

Richard

Ok i got it. the reason was the web browser i think, i installed chrome and it was ok.

thanks.

now following the same tutorial i got this error when i play the test

WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/live/streams/definst/mpegts.stream

INFO session connect-pending 127.0.0.1 -

INFO session connect 127.0.0.1 -

what does that mean?

i have tried to put the file there, error for missing file goes away.

still i get the Missing function: createStream when i play the stream mpegts.stream

i see here someone had similar problem, he mentioned some edit need in application.xml in live folder but i am not sure how.

please help me Richard.

many thanks for all your help.

1. What URI are you using to play the stream?

With the LiveVideoStreaming client it should look like this:

Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]/live

1. Where is your mpegts.stream located? It should be in your content folder.

2. What it written in the mpegts.stream file? It should be “udp://0.0.0.0:10000”.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply

1 - Yes the just like that using the example live.html

Server: rtmp://localhost/live

2 - my mpegts.stream located in the content folder

3 - yes it have the “udp://0.0.0.0:10000” without "

so i will try to put the ip address eg 192.168.1.64 instead of localhost.

but that wont make a difference i guess.

hi Richard thanks for your reply

I have downloaded the one you provided on the tutorial page still no lack.

I am using linux debian squeeze and vlc have lot of issues with it when ever time i am running the vlc command i get codec error which debian dont have. (you must compile vlc with h264 ffmpeg.

now i tried to run the command on windows 7 that have vlc to send the feed to wowza like this

vlc -vvv “Desktop/sample.mp4” --sout “#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=main},vcodec=x264,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=192.168.1.64,port=10000,mux=ts}”

the file plays on vlc windows with black screen and wowza media server have this message.

I even tried wirecast but same error.

Missing function: createStream

please help me.

I really appreciated all your help.

Thanks randall for your reply

1 I have already seen that thread and its an application.xml error

2 My application.xml is the one in the MPEG-TS tutorial.

3 i will try to reinstall wowza but i am sure its working perfect. Also the tutorial for VOD is working perfect.

i am only having problem with vlc and live.

many thanks.

Hi Richard and randall.

I really want to thank you for all your help.

Its finally working, I cant believe it, It was actually the Application.xml Just like you said.

I was editing a different Application.xml and not the one in conf/live folder ( i have to admit i was so tired)

I really like the streaming quality with just vlc on widows 7 with intel i3, 2GB ram, 1000Mbps NIC card, BT Router. sending it to wowza on the local machine with debian.

its superb and i tested this on remote html page I never got any sound/video sync Issues. (yet)

Video play very good quality when streaming with dreambox from vlc on windows to wowza its superb but when i play mp4 file that is 80mb its laggy and quality is very poor . why?

I will now try to install vlc and make it work on the debian machine and get all the codec needed ( Ihad lot of error ) then see if the quality will improve without a middle machine.

Again a big thanks to everyone helped.

i found this post and

and helped me a lot in solving many problems I had before thanks to everyone now to get everything I have another problem I could not solve,

when i send the command to vlc

vlc -vvv Desktop/video.m3u --sout “#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=main},vcodec=x264,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels =2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=10000,mux=ts}”

I get this

Streaming / Transcoding failed:

It Seems your FFMPEG (libavcodec) installation lacks the Following encoder:

MPEG AAC Audio.

If you do not know how to fix this, ask for support from your distribution.

This is not an error inside VLC media player.

Do not contact the VideoLAN project about this issue.

desinsinstalado everything and I’ve recompiled everything again

following this post

http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuideLucid

miesmo but I still get the error,

Ubuntu 10.4 Lucid and I have no way to get it,

and I hope you can help me