Thread: Quicktime/iOS Seeking

Default Quicktime/iOS Seeking

If one puts the cupertino link (server/live/mp4:livestream/playlist.m3u8?dvr) into Quicktime X or iOS and the feed plays video, should I be able to seek backwards in the timeline, or seek at all? Right now I can see video, pause, catch up to live, jump back 30 seconds but not seek within that. I just want to be sure what I should see is correct or not (couldn't find if that was normal behavior or not).

[EDIT]
    This is just in Quicktime. Apparently there's a difference with this between the actual device and QT. The iPad and iPhone do have scrubbing.
    Last edited by skookie; 03-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skookie View Post
    If one puts the cupertino link (server/live/mp4:livestream/playlist.m3u8?dvr) into Quicktime X or iOS and the feed plays video, should I be able to seek backwards in the timeline, or seek at all? Right now I can see video, pause, catch up to live, jump back 30 seconds but not seek within that. I just want to be sure what I should see is correct or not (couldn't find if that was normal behavior or not).

[EDIT]
    This is just in Quicktime. Apparently there's a difference with this between the actual device and QT. The iPad and iPhone do have scrubbing.
    Yes what you see is correct-- that's just the various UIs that the players expose.