Thread: videochat example screen capture resolution

Default videochat example screen capture resolution

I am using the videochat example as a livestreaming due to its low latency.

However, the screen capture resolution is too small at 240 x 180. Which file and code do I change this to edit the capturing resolution?

There is Flash CS example in the /client folder, edit the .fla file in Flash CSx editor

If you are using the Flex version in /clientFlex folder, look at the .as file in the /src folder. I use Adobe Flash Builder IDE.

Richard

Thanks for the quick reply. I just managed to set that. Now for quality, i set to 100 but its still not 100% the same quality as the screen. I am on localhost. Which value should I edit to improve image sharpness and quality? I have made sure I did not over stretch the resolution and maintained same resolution.

Here are the .fla settings. But the resulting video stream is not as high quality as the output of the virtual webcam (I'm doing screencast instead)

// here are all the quality and performance settings that we suggest
    camera.setMode(720, 540, 25, false);
    camera.setQuality(0, 100);
    camera.setKeyFrameInterval(30);
    microphone.rate = 11;
    microphone.setSilenceLevel(0);

You probably will not get good results with frame size over 320x240. I would go back to that.

And change the seQuality:
    camera.setQuality(0, 90);
    For some reason, setting to 100 can be a problem.

Richard

I will give that a try. I have a question on latency. For the videochat example page, is it possible to get the right "Play" screen near zero latency since it's localhost? I am playing a very fast action youtube video to test and it seems although almost pretty fast, there seems to be like a 0.2 seconds delay on the right screen. Is this normal? What else can I do to make the latency within localhost 0 seconds?

We have an article on this subject here:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....re-to-playback

Richard

I have done those. I figured out it was because of the scaling. I had to set to original and the quality is much better although still not 100% the same as what it should be.

For the videochat example, is the left screen pre-encoded or post-encoded? Because it has about a 0.1 sec delay from the virtual webcam source. I am trying to see if this can be reduced to near zero (0.01 sec) by buying faster i7 core hardwares.

I also assume the right screen is the actual play-back view.