Thread: Unable to start secondary stream

Default Unable to start secondary stream

Wowza machine receives multiple multicast udp streams but only the first one works fine, when I'm trying to start any secondary stream I get the following error:

ERROR server comment 2012-03-06 03:10:17 - - - - - 384702.021 - - -- - - - - RTPMulticastListener.unbind: java.net.SocketException: Cannot assign requested address

Each channel have his own .stream file which contains the multicast source: udp://iport

In Application.xml I filled the rtspBindIpAddress property with the IP address of the network card which receives the multicast.

Any hints how to troubleshoot this behaviour?

Maybe omit this step: "In Application.xml I filled the rtspBindIpAddress property with the IP address of the network card which receives the multicast."

Can you describe your setup in more detail? I assume you have different multicast streams, coming in on different subnets, that have similar multicast addresses? The rtspBindIpAddress is concerned with outgoing RTP streams. Do you have other devices on your network that are receiving these multicast streams? If not, perhaps the solution is to send unicast streams to Wowza.

Try enabling Port Sharing:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....)-Port-Sharing

Richard

The topology is like this:

encoder channel one (192.168.0.2) - sends stream to multicast network group udp://239.0.0.1 - wowza origin (ip address 192.168.0.3) (channel1.stream)
    same encoder channel two (192.168.0.2) - sends stream to multicast network group udp://239.0.0.2 - secondary wowza origin (ip address 192.168.0.4) (channel2.stream)

encoder is configured to send udp multicast
    always the first started stream works no matter which origin or secondary origin or channel1.stream or channel2.stream I'm using
    the error appears when I start the secondary stream

The primary origin VHost.xml contain
    <MulticastBindToAddress>true</MulticastBindToAddress>
    <MulticastInterfaceAddress>192.168.0.3</MulticastInterfaceAddress>
    <TrafficClass>0</TrafficClass>
    The secondary origin VHost.xml contain
    <MulticastBindToAddress>true</MulticastBindToAddress>
    <MulticastInterfaceAddress>192.168.0.4</MulticastInterfaceAddress>
    <TrafficClass>0</TrafficClass>
    Also the Application.xml contains in RTP and Mediacaster sections:
    <Property>
    <Name>rtspBindIpAddress</Name>
    <Value>192.168.0.3</Value>
    </Property>
    And in RTPsection:
    <RTSPBindIpAddress>192.168.0.3 </RTSPBindIpAddress>
    <RTSPConnectionIpAddress>192.168.0.3</RTSPConnectionIpAddress>
    <RTSPOriginIpAddress>192.168.0.3</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
    etc...

My expectation is to receive both streams from same encoder to both origin and secondary origin using multicast.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Maybe omit this step: "In Application.xml I filled the rtspBindIpAddress property with the IP address of the network card which receives the multicast."

Can you describe your setup in more detail? I assume you have different multicast streams, coming in on different subnets, that have similar multicast addresses? The rtspBindIpAddress is concerned with outgoing RTP streams. Do you have other devices on your network that are receiving these multicast streams? If not, perhaps the solution is to send unicast streams to Wowza.

I modified the Server.xml and set RTP/DatagramPortSharing to true.

In access log appears:
    2012-03-06 16:24:22 EET comment server INFO 200 - UDPPortSharingManager.bind[digi/_definst_:true]: 239.0.0.2/239.0.0.2:2000 _defaultVHost_ digi _definst_ 77.214 - 80 null 127.0.0.1 rtsp -
    known 1625331539 0 0 - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - null -

Checking error log:

ERROR server comment 2012-03-06 16:27:42 - - - - - 277.289 - - - -
    - - - - RTPMulticastListener.unbind: java.net.SocketException: Cannot assign requested address

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....)-Port-Sharing

Richard[/QUOTE]

Catmar,

1. These two streams all appear to be on the same subnet. Why don't you give it a try without specifying different IP addresses in VHost.xml and Application.xml. Just use 127.0.0.1.

2. Why use two NICs? Why not just plug your encoder into your network switch, and just use one NIC on your Wowza server?

3. Have you configured two different <MulticastInterfaceAddress> in the same VHost.xml?

I could be wrong, but in your scenario I think you are going to have a conflict in your OS's routing tables, unless you make a new table for each nic.

I commented in VHost.xml

<MulticastBindToAddress>
    <MulticastInterfaceAddress>

I commented in Application.xml rtspbind related properties.

Also DatagramPortSharing is disabled

Now it works
    Thanks
    Last edited by Catmar; 03-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.