Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foscam IP Camera - Connection Problem?

Default Foscam IP Camera - Connection Problem?

Hi, I am working on a CentOS 5.7 and using WMS 3.0.5 with the transcoder AddOn.
    I am trying to re-stream from a Foscam IP camera using WMS, the model of the camera is FI8602W (http://www.foscam.com/prd_view.aspx?id=43), but it seems that I cant stablish a proper connection with the camera.
    Here is the log:
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[1553639268]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[1553639268]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1553639268:live/_definst_:camera1.stream]: start: 1
    INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/_definst_]: flv:camera1.stream
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12]: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12]: 0:true
    WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12]: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12]: 0:true
    WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
    What could be the reason of my problem and how can I fix it?

thanks!

I tried it in VLC and got username/password challenge. You can add that in the url like this
    rtsp://richard:mypwd@housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0
    The camera has to support basic authentication for the above method.

Richard

If I try that URL I get almost the same error...
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0]: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0/trackID=0
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0]: 0:true
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0]: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0/trackID=0
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0]: 0:true
    to connect to the camera try
    username: user
    password: 4321

That username and password did not work

Richard

if you go to this page http://housetek.dyndns.org:1024/web/ptz.html you can check the Camera live. the username/password is user/4321, I checked it twice.

rtsp://user:4321@housetek.dyndns.org:554/12
    and
    rtsp://user:4321@housetek.dyndns.org:554/12/trackID=0
    these are the exact RTSP URLs that I have in my camera.stream file

Still not working?

Ardilom,

If you can't get the basic authentication working in VLC, it's not going to work in the stream file. I tried your user/pass and VLC reports "Stream 0, Codec: H264" etc.. But, I never see any video playing, then it asks me for the password again. This will have to be sorted out before you can expect to get it working with Wowza.

You'll want to try to get the RTSP streaming working on your local network to eliminate firewall as an issue. Try turning off authentication and see if that helps. Consult your camera manufacturer/documentation.

Default Working on VLC

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Ardilom,

If you can't get the basic authentication working in VLC, it's not going to work in the stream file. I tried your user/pass and VLC reports "Stream 0, Codec: H264" etc.. But, I never see any video playing, then it asks me for the password again. This will have to be sorted out before you can expect to get it working with Wowza.

You'll want to try to get the RTSP streaming working on your local network to eliminate firewall as an issue. Try turning off authentication and see if that helps. Consult your camera manufacturer/documentation.
    I made it work on VLC, but I am still getting the same error on Wowza.
    Here is a picture of VLC working:

(the video is actually showing a grey curtain)

this is the URL that I used:
    rtsp://user:4321@190.98.235.199:554/11
    What is the next step to make it work with Wowza?
    Does TrackID=0 have a meaning?

Ardilom.
    Last edited by Ardilom; 03-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Hi again Ardilom,

If the camera uses one of the codecs supported by Wowza you should be able to simply follow the RTSP Re-streaming tutorial: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....sed-encoder%29

But, I'm not sure the codec is supported. I'm not able to open your link in VLC, so I can't test it. VLC reports the codec, then it disappears, and the stream never plays. Wowza reports "Metadata appears to be bad." With trackID=0, I get "Stream not found".

Default facing the same issue

hi
    i have been facing same issue my camera is streaming in vlc but not through wowza
    the same log i get and i also have transcoder on , i have successfully streamed with Tplink camera
    but with wans view it is not working giving the logs as same as the above issue i have mention id password in rtsp url and had success there but still facing the following logs

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://192.168.1.15:554/11]: 1
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.p rocessResponse: SETUP: rtsp://192.168.1.15:554/11/trackID=0
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.o nClose
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://192.168.1.15:554/11]: 0:true

is this the case that some cameras are not supported by wowza or something else please help

Hi kapil1234,

What is your OS? What is your setup? All devices on the local network? It looks like it's failing because of a port issue after the setup request. Or, it's the authentication. Does the camera or Wowza require RTSP authentication? Turn off both if possible.

Most likely you need to forward outgoing udp ports 6970-9000 on your server. Or install the nf_conntrack_rtsp and nf_nat_rtsp Linux kernel modules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast