Wowza Community

Video is consistanlty 5 seconds behind the audio. Any ideas?

We use the latest Flowplayer and wowza 3.0 trial lic.

We’ve used wowza 2.x before and have had great success. Everything appears to be working great, we’ve done the performance tuning, and all the suggested tweaks, key frame rates etc for h.264 streaming using FLME.

Server is 8 core 8 gigs, 100bmps pipe burstable uncapped bw, and sas terabyte drives x2 (over kill?)

The problem we have is the video is 5 seconds behind the audio. Ill play a song, say the lyrics over the song lyrics, watch the play back and i look like i’m in an old kung fu flick.

any ideas why this is behaving this way? We’ve never had this problem before on 2.x and are kind of stumped. This is during a live stream.

Fixed it. (seems how it always goes)

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-low-latency-applications-in-wowza-streaming-engine-for-rtmp-streaming

streams/properties

flushInterval

0 -instead of 25

Integer

onFlushNotifyClients

true

Boolean

ALSO Found out there is a live-lowlatency for recording i wasnt doing:

live-record-lowlatency

I still dont like that 8 second buffer between what i do and what people see any way to abolish that?

We have seen similar problems that can usually be attributed to capture card problems.

Charlie

That helped but not like i thought it appears it all has to do with the the “Level” and KeyFrame set in FLME

3.1 level and 2 seconds key frame is spot on.

NEVERMIND it was none of those things. Stupid Coaxial out into my streaming machine is all kinda of jacked up thats why the audio was lagging odd. Those above settings still help though :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevermind again. nothing i do fixes it, its very odd sometimes its lagged bad sometime its dead on. the music is always soild but the video is 5-10 seconds ahead or behind at any given time.

any ideas would be appreciated.

OK. After alot of testing it must be my machine. My friend streams and his stream is spot on. He sent me his flme xml settings file and mine just gets out of sync but not his so it must be something with my streaming machine. Makes no sense. Works fine on ustream, but when i stream to my server its jacked up

gonna keep tackling this. Ill keep updating ;p

Thanks for the response Charlie. I went back to my original streaming setup from before i had my own server. This is just basically using manycam to push the feed through to FLME. There is 0 issue when i use that setup. When i use FLME and try to use my Microsoft HD-5001 camera directly though it, the audio/video goes out of sync.

This has to be some specific system problem with my streaming machine. It’s no slouch but if using manycam via FMLE solves it then consider it fixed. I hope this helps someone!