Hi, we are currently using Wowza 3 on AWS for live video. What we use it for today is sending single RTSP streams to Wowza where an RTMP output is pushed to the Edgecast CDN using the PushPublish Module. We also use Wowza to convert RTMP streams to HLS streams for iOS devices. We have also looked at the Transcoder Addon.
What we want to be able to do is set up the Transcoder so that we can send up one high bitrate stream to a Wowza application running the transcoder and then send different outputs from the transcoder to different CDNs.
An example for the type of situation would be sending up a high bit rate stream to Wowza to be transcoded and pushed out to Livestream, Brightcove (Limelight) and Youtube.
e.g. Stream "myStream" is sent to the Wowza application, and then the Transcoder breaks it down into:
- myStream_livestream_270p - a 350kbps 480x270 baseline stream to go to livestream
- myStream_brightcove_360p - a 1000kbps 640x360 main profile stream to go to Brightcove
- myStream_brightcove_270p - a 600kbps 480x270 main profile stream to go to Brightcove
- myStream_youtube_360p - a 700kbps 640x360 main profile stream to go to Youtube
What I would like to know is how I would go about setting up the Push Publish module so that
- the myStream_livestream_270p gets sent to the livestream publish point, the stream name can be anything.
- the myStream_brightcove_360p gets sent to the Brightcove publish point with Limelight authentication with the stream name myStream_1
- the myStream_brightcove_270p gets sent to the Brightcove publish point with Limelight authentication with the stream name myStream_2
- the myStream_youtube_360p gets sent to the youtube pubilsh point with a youtube-generated stream name.
We had a developer set up our Push Publish module for what we use it for today, but that is only set up for pulling one stream to an application and pushing it out to one CDN, so guidance on getting multiple streams pushed to multiple CDNs from one instance of the Push Publish module would be greatly appreciated.
If this works we would also look at adding Edgecast CDN and Ustream and Dailymotion live to the CDNs we would be pushing too.
When you say "create multiple PushPublisherRTMP instances" would that be creating different jar files for each CDN/authentication method and calling up multiple modules within one application, or creating one module that contains sections for each CDN/authentication method or do you mean something else?
No, I mean in your Application Module where you created a PushPublisherRTMP instance named "publisher" (if you followed the example) you will create several more PushPublisherRTMP instances as needed. You might name them publisherEdgecast, publisherLimelight, etc. You will set each of them up as necessary, their different authentication methods, but using the same source stream, then connect each one.