Wowza Community

RTSP IP Cam Live Stream

2nd question: Is it possible to stream a DVR over wowza? Getting this in Wowza cmd…

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://172.16.3.157]: 0=true

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://172.16.3.157]: 1

WARN server comment - RTPsessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: DESCRIBE: Status: 404

I am 100% new to all of this with no prior experience, so bare with me…

I am trying to use Wowza to stream an IP cam. Right now, it is just over our offices private network. I followed the tutorial but I keep getting this:

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://172.16.3.155]: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProdiverBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: Authentication required[401]: Username password not available

Now, I know that in order to view our IP cams from either the client software, or through IE, you must type in the username and password specifically for that camera. So I am assuming that this is the reason for my stream not running through Wowza? Is there a way around this? Maybe I am completely wrong?

I can stream the hardware over the network using Stream Media Server because it includes a field for the hardware’s username and password. I even tried using the RTSP for that stream, in my camera.stream file, but that won’t work either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try it like this, with username and password in the camera’s URL:

rtsp://richard:mypwd@[camera-ip-address]:554/axis-media/media.amp

Richard

Please break out the new question separately. No need to save paper.

Richard

Great, thanks!

Asked a second question… Saving paper… :o