Wowza Community

RTSP DVR Streaming

Trying to do a live stream, using our DVR.

I keep getting this.

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.o nClose

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://172.16.3.157]: 0=true

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://172.16.3.157]: 1

WARN server comment - RTPsessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.p rocessResponse: DESCRIBE: Status: 404

When we use the Stream Media Server, we are required to put _0_0 at the end of the address, which represents the DVR’s channels. (we have a couple cameras hooked up to the DVR, and a DVD player).

I thought this would be relatively similar to the process of streaming an IP cam. I just changed the .stream file to the DVR RTSP address, instead of the IP cams, but its not working.

Any ideas?

I was also wondering if it was possible to stream a stream? Is this what re-streaming means?

Re-streaming is pull, which is what you are doing when you start a stream from an IP camera in StreamManager. Pull means Wowza doesn’t know about the stream until you tell it where it is, an IP camera’s rtsp url for example. The opposite of pull is push, where the live encoder knows the IP address of the Wowza server and an application name, then pushes a stream to Wowza, which shows a publish event in the logs as soon as it starts.

The problem you are having is connecting to the camera.

Follow this guide carefully, there are several trouble-shooting steps and Property settings that might help:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

If you can’t get it working, restart Wowza, run through test trying to start the stream and play it back, then zip up the conf folder and current access and error logs and send them to support@wowza.com.

Richard