Wowza Community

Video Streaming terminating 5 seconds before the end of the video

Hello Masters,

I’m facing a strange problem.

When using RTSP, the video streaming is terminating 5 seconds before the end of the video.

Explaining better, imagine that I’m streaming a 10 minutos video. At 9:55 the streaming ends like if the video has terminated, but I still have more 5 seconds.

The same thing occurs with all the videos I’m streaming, 5 seconds early it termintes and I can’t access these last 5 seconds.

Any idea about what coub be happening?

Regards,

Ricardo Minari

Ricardo,

What RTSP client are you using? (I use VLC or Quicktime for testing on the desktop)

Is that 5 seconds missing in RTMP playback? Can you test with the Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming Flash client

[wowza-install-dir]/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/client/simplevideostreaming.html

How were these videos encoded? What is the source? If live stream recorded in Wowza, what was the encoding details of the live stream? And how was it recorded.

If you are using an file encoder, take a look at the suggestions in this article, and if you can, create a file following one of the examples either with FFmpeg or Expression Encoder, or other encoder with same settings:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-encode-video-on-demand-content

If you can, copy the smallest sample to your web server and send a link to download to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Is it some of your video files? All of them? Have you tested with Wowza sample.mp4?

Do you know the key frame frequency of the encoding? It might be a very long key frame interval.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your support. I will answer hereunder:

Ricardo,

What RTSP client are you using? (I use VLC or Quicktime for testing on the desktop)

I’m using VLC

Is that 5 seconds missing in RTMP playback? Can you test with the Wowza SimpleVideoStreaming Flash client

[wowza-install-dir]/examples/SimpleVideoStreaming/client/simplevideostreaming.html

Using RTMP I don’t face this problem, neither using Cupertino on iOS

How were these videos encoded? What is the source? If live stream recorded in Wowza, what was the encoding details of the live stream? And how was it recorded.

It’s a encoded file using ffmpeg (H.264, AAC, 480x268, 700Kbps)

If you are using an file encoder, take a look at the suggestions in this article, and if you can, create a file following one of the examples either with FFmpeg or Expression Encoder, or other encoder with same settings:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-encode-video-on-demand-content

Mainly, it seems we follow as the article suggests.

If you can, copy the smallest sample to your web server and send a link to download to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

I’m sending right now.

thanks for your support.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I’m having the same problem. The videos on my live SMIL playlist are ending a few seconds earlier than they should before instantly switching to the next item on the playlist. Any idea what could be the problem?

My site at www.itv.sg is using JW Player. I’ve verified that this problem is also encountered when I use the Wowza Player.