Thread: Takedown tool

Default Takedown tool

Hello. We own a site like justin.tv with user generating their live streams. As you may know, some users upload copyrighted material. Some copyright holders are asking me for a "takedown tool" to remove this streams. Anyone knows where i should start? I have 0 experience with Wowza IDE or java programming. Im just a sysadmin. Is there any example to see or to edit and configure it for my needs. The tool needs to be only for removing streams and nothing else, as we don't want to give them access to our servers.

Thanks for any help!

It's probably easiest to do this in your weblayer. Don't have a clue how your infrastructure is but you are probably creating pages for each stream dynamically. If the streams been flagged as copyrighted simply remove it from your DB and don't generate a page for it or generate a page that shows a message "The stream has been removed following a DMCA complaint" etc.

I.e. I don't see a need to do this in Wowza.

--Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by joexromero View Post
    It's probably easiest to do this in your weblayer. Don't have a clue how your infrastructure is but you are probably creating pages for each stream dynamically. If the streams been flagged as copyrighted simply remove it from your DB and don't generate a page for it or generate a page that shows a message "The stream has been removed following a DMCA complaint" etc.

I.e. I don't see a need to do this in Wowza.

--Joe.
    Hello, thanks for your answer. This way is the way we are doing it now, but copyright holders want us to remove current viewers also. We need to stop stream serverside or stop encoder. I guess there is a way to do this right?

Thanks!

Anyone's got a tip for this? Richard or others guru? I'm really lost in this. Thanks again.

You would have to start by keeping track of publishers and their clientIDs. You can create an application module that overrides publish command and stores stream name and clientID, perhaps in the WMSProperties container of the application instance, which a Flash client could fetch and display. Then you can use netconnection.call to call server-side method with clientID or StreamName parameter. This example use StreamName:

netconnection.call("StopStream",null, "myStream");
    	package test;

import java.util.Iterator;
    	import java.util.List;

import com.wowza.wms.amf.*;
    	import com.wowza.wms.client.*;
    	import com.wowza.wms.module.*;
    	import com.wowza.wms.request.*;
    	import com.wowza.wms.stream.IMediaStream;

public class ModuleStopStream extends ModuleBase {

public void StopStream(IClient client, RequestFunction function,
    				AMFDataList params) {

String streamName = getParamString(params, PARAM1);

List<String> published = client.getAppInstance().getPublishStreamNames();

Iterator iter = published.iterator();
    			while (iter.hasNext())
    			{
    				IMediaStream publishstream = (IMediaStream )iter.next();
    				if (publishstream.getName().equalsIgnoreCase(streamName))
    				{
    					publishstream.getClient().setShutdownClient(true);
    				}
    			}
    			sendResult(client, params, "Stopped " + streamName);
    		}	
    	}
    Some live encoders keep trying to reconnect. You will have to refuse somehow. You might get the IP and refuse future connections, deny as this example allows:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....mit-to-IP-list

Richard