Thread: onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionDestroy repetitively invoked

Default onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionDestroy repetitively invoked

Recently we setup wowza to use roku clients, monitoring the log on one of the edge servers we noticed that the onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionDestroy method is being repetitively invoked, on the other hand the method onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionCreate has not been previously called by the same client.
    Our guess is that this is a client trying to reconnect (the encoder is currently off but it still invokes the method).

Is there any chance to force disconnect this kind of reconnecting behavior or prevent this method to be invoked without corresponding onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionCreate?

onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionDestroy is used by us to log when the user disconnects and after that the response is sent to the origin server where is inserted in the DB. This behavior is causing the origin being overflowed with requests.

I'm not sure how that could happen. You could use WMSProperties container of appInstance or Hashmap in a Wowza module to track sessionID in onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionCreate and check if a sessionID exists in onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionDestroy.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your directions, I've used the httpSession.isActive() to check if the session is already created and this way I know when to log the client as disconnected.