Thread: wowza-streamed H.264 mp4, f4v files cause Flash Player circle to spin forever

Default wowza-streamed H.264 mp4, f4v files cause Flash Player circle to spin forever

I'm switching from FMS to Wowza and started testing some H.264 .f4v VOD files created by FMS (and optimized via f4vpp).

Also testing Wowza live-record H.264 mp4 streams.

Both these file types play ok in Flash Player 11,1,102,62 but the spinning circle never stops. If I jump around to different times in the stream the circle stops on some, but doesn't on others. Seems random whether it stops or not. Never had this problem with these files in FMS.

Searched forums and found this thread about a patch for FP 10 that fixed this problem for this guy:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...-9-Is-OK/page2

I'm running the latest build of Wowza. Using FP within Safari browser on Mac OS 10.6.8.

Do I need a patch? If not, anyone else having this problem?

More info.

Noticed this in wowza error log:

WARN server comment 2012-03-23 18:46:24 - - - - - 3536.254 - - - - - - - QTUtils.parseAtomstbl[/Library/WowzaMediaServer/content/file.f4v]: Error reading 'stsd' section. Structure is zero size: smhd:skip

What Flash application are you using? A Wowza example, JW Player, Flowplayer? Try one of the Wowza examples.

What is going on in Wowza when you try to playback? Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode instead of as a service so you can see log output in the console.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    What Flash application are you using?
    The videoplayer.html app that comes with FMS 3.5.

What is going on in Wowza when you try to playback?
    I posted the errors I got in previous post.

Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode instead of as a service so you can see log output in the console.
    OK, will try that.