Thread: Live Adaptive Bitrate streaming using different H.264 profiles

Default Live Adaptive Bitrate streaming using different H.264 profiles

I'm interested to know if it's possible to do live adaptive bitrate streaming using different H.264 profiles. Flash Media Live Encoder only allows you to set the profile for all your separate streams at once, and obviously this isn't ideal. Maybe there's some hardware or software encoder that's capable of this.

In addition, is it possible to run adaptive bitrate streaming from different encoding hardware? I imagine that the keyframe synching may stop this from working.

Thanks

Hi
    You can use the Wowza transcoder to change the an input stream to have multiple bitrates and the transcoder doesn't need to know the profile.
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....wza-Transcoder

Jason

I thought Wowza transcoder might be able to handle it. I'm quite a way off using it though, as it means significant changes to the way I'm using Wowza. Is there any other way it can be achieved? Can keyframes be aligned when encoding from multiple hardware encoders?

Hi
    Alignment of time codes is the problem when using more than one encoder and you can't switch between streams that are not aligned perfectly.

Jason

Thanks. FMLE does have the option to embed a timecode so maybe that would help.